Highlights: What’s new in diabetes products and treatment, paying for your diabetes care with certified diabetes educator Ginger Kanzer-Lewis, a talk with Latino television king Don Francisco, and delicious bunless burgers from Chef Michel Nischan.
Special Guests: Host of Sabado Gigante Don Francisco; diabetes product guru Keith Campbell, RPh; Chef Michel Nischan; and insurance expert Ginger Kanzer-Lewis, CDE.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Get more financial and insurance tips for affording diabetes care.
- Learn more about inhaled insulin.
- Cook up Chef Michel Nischan's Southwestern Turkey Burgers.
- Meet Chef Michel Nischan.
- Explore dLife resources for eating right with diabetes.
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Cajun Chicken and Shrimp Mixed Vegetable Salad with Creamy Feta Dressing Spiced Berries Crepe Cups With Gingered Fruit Cantonese Cod Steamed in Foil Italian Stracciatella Soup Buttermilk Sorbet Baked Indian Rice Pudding Red Wine and Lemon Prunes Garlic Greens with Pasta
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...