Highlights: What’s new in diabetes products and treatment, paying for your diabetes care with certified diabetes educator Ginger Kanzer-Lewis, a talk with Latino television king Don Francisco, and delicious bunless burgers from Chef Michel Nischan.
Special Guests: Host of Sabado Gigante Don Francisco; diabetes product guru Keith Campbell, RPh; Chef Michel Nischan; and insurance expert Ginger Kanzer-Lewis, CDE.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Get more financial and insurance tips for affording diabetes care.
- Learn more about inhaled insulin.
- Cook up Chef Michel Nischan's Southwestern Turkey Burgers.
- Meet Chef Michel Nischan.
- Explore dLife resources for eating right with diabetes.
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Caribbean Chicken On-the-Go Oatmeal Bars Shake and Take Snack Mix Apple Coleslaw Raspberry Cranberry Lemon Berry Squeeze Bite Sized Lemon-Rosemary Chicken Cannellini Bean Dip Citrus Rice Angel Meringue Dessert Chocolate Almond Joy to the World
Many people say that depression is a side effect or complication of diabetes. Without discounting the association of the psychological condition with the physical one, I'm not convinced that our high and/or unstable glucose levels are directly responsible for that change in our mental state. My belief is that the unrelenting need for self-care, for following the sort of care schedules that can drive licensed, professional caregivers crazy, is what overwhelms us...