Highlights: What’s new in diabetes products and treatment, paying for your diabetes care with certified diabetes educator Ginger Kanzer-Lewis, a talk with Latino television king Don Francisco, and delicious bunless burgers from Chef Michel Nischan.
Special Guests: Host of Sabado Gigante Don Francisco; diabetes product guru Keith Campbell, RPh; Chef Michel Nischan; and insurance expert Ginger Kanzer-Lewis, CDE.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Get more financial and insurance tips for affording diabetes care.
- Learn more about inhaled insulin.
- Cook up Chef Michel Nischan's Southwestern Turkey Burgers.
- Meet Chef Michel Nischan.
- Explore dLife resources for eating right with diabetes.
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Applesauce Squares Rosemary Summer Squash Mustard Marinade Eggplant Pizza Gondolas Lean Homemade Sausage Sticky Honey Buns Fruity Yogurt Mix Haricots Verts with Shallots and Pancetta Pineapple-Jalapeño-dipped Beef Kabobs Dutch Oven Spaghetti
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...