Highlights: The great carbohydrate debate, featuring Dr. Richard Bernstein and registered dietician Hope Warshaw (pictured above), and a day in the hectic dLife of J. Anthony Brown.
Special Guests: Diabetes pioneer Dr. Richard Bernstein talks about his role in the birth of home blood glucose monitoring.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about blood sugar testing.
- Read the story of the first blood glucose monitors.
- Explore dLife resources for eating right with diabetes.
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Low Fat Banana Bread Tarragon Pork Tenderloins With Grilled Grapes Italian Pork, Squash, and Tomatoes Effortless Spinach Salad Teriyaki Strips Butternut Squash Casserole Country-Fried Pork & Peppers Jamaican Rubbed Chops Beef and Barley Burgers Vegetable Chili
James Joyce said that “mistakes are the portals of discovery.” I wonder if insulin levels have been our mistake. Could it be that this hellish week of blood sugars were somehow meant to be? Drastic times call for drastic measures, right? Maybe we were too afraid in the past to take the plunge into drastic measures. Maybe this is oddly what we needed. We had to be truly frightened in order to make bigger, bolder changes. ...