Highlights: Emmy and Tony winning actress Elaine Stritch (above) speaks candidly about her struggles with diabetes and alcoholism and dLife takes an indepth look at the four D’s – diabetes, depression, drinking, and drugs. Plus, a visit to the world-renown Joslin Diabetes Center and their “Do It” management program.
Special Guests: Broadway star Elaine Stritch and family therapist and diabetes educator Joe Solowiejczyk.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about the Joslin "Do It" program.
- Read columns on diabetes and coping from CDE and therapist Joe Solowiejczyk.
- Educate yourself about drinking alcohol with diabetes.
- Explore resources for dealing with depression when you have diabetes.
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Cheesy Spinach Pizza Sirloin Steak Strips Pink Grapefruit Sorbet Fresh Apricot Custard Low-Carb Crab Rangoon Chile and Raspberry Glazed Pork Chops Turkey Vegetable Stew Pinto Bean and Avocado Dip Avocado Tofu Dip Simple Black Bean Dip
We’re at twenty-eight, almost twenty-nine weeks now. Life has been moving at rocket speed lately and I can’t seem to catch my breath (literally and figuratively these days). I just had my twenty-eight week appointment with my OB/GYN and I am fighting back the feeling of failure. Everything is going okay, as I keep having to remind myself. I’ve had some swelling that is now not responding to rest (as in, I lay in bed for 14 hours and my ankles are still the size of elephants), but...