Highlights: Emmy and Tony winning actress Elaine Stritch (above) speaks candidly about her struggles with diabetes and alcoholism and dLife takes an indepth look at the four D’s – diabetes, depression, drinking, and drugs. Plus, a visit to the world-renown Joslin Diabetes Center and their “Do It” management program.
Special Guests: Broadway star Elaine Stritch and family therapist and diabetes educator Joe Solowiejczyk.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about the Joslin "Do It" program.
- Read columns on diabetes and coping from CDE and therapist Joe Solowiejczyk.
- Educate yourself about drinking alcohol with diabetes.
- Explore resources for dealing with depression when you have diabetes.
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Southwest Chicken Sweet Strawberry Jam Caraway Vinaigrette Coleslaw Cold Corn Salad Fabulous Fruit Muffins Off the Shelf Chicken Salad Porcini Mushroom Risotto Swedish Rye Bread Carne Adobado (Spiced Pork) Baked Spinach-Cheese Delight
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...