Highlights: Emmy and Tony winning actress Elaine Stritch (above) speaks candidly about her struggles with diabetes and alcoholism and dLife takes an indepth look at the four D’s – diabetes, depression, drinking, and drugs. Plus, a visit to the world-renown Joslin Diabetes Center and their “Do It” management program.
Special Guests: Broadway star Elaine Stritch and family therapist and diabetes educator Joe Solowiejczyk.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about the Joslin "Do It" program.
- Read columns on diabetes and coping from CDE and therapist Joe Solowiejczyk.
- Educate yourself about drinking alcohol with diabetes.
- Explore resources for dealing with depression when you have diabetes.
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Strawberry Sorbet Fresh Fruit Cup Easy Nachos Toasted Pappadums Beef Flavored With Leeks & Capers Fusilli with Mozzarella and Eggplant Black Bean Empanaditas Chicken Nugget Strips Stuffed Mushrooms with Fresh Herbs Lemon and Basil Penne Pasta
One of the online diabetes groups I belong to (but don't frequently post to) is geared towards "frum" (Orthodox or "observant") Jewish people with (mostly type 1) diabetes. Most of the chat on the mailing list centers around people needing last-minute supplies before Shabbat or a holiday, where to acquire supplies and get medical help when visiting Israel, and advice on which pump is best for one's type 1 child — in other words, the usual sort of diabetes chatter, but...