Highlights: Emmy and Tony winning actress Elaine Stritch (above) speaks candidly about her struggles with diabetes and alcoholism and dLife takes an indepth look at the four D’s – diabetes, depression, drinking, and drugs. Plus, a visit to the world-renown Joslin Diabetes Center and their “Do It” management program.
Special Guests: Broadway star Elaine Stritch and family therapist and diabetes educator Joe Solowiejczyk.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about the Joslin "Do It" program.
- Read columns on diabetes and coping from CDE and therapist Joe Solowiejczyk.
- Educate yourself about drinking alcohol with diabetes.
- Explore resources for dealing with depression when you have diabetes.
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Whole Roasted Onions Fruit Kabobs with Creamy Cherry Peanut Butter Dip Cheesy Chicken & Green Bean Pasta Mocha Frappuccino Smoothie Golden Chicken Soup Wiggly Shamrock Salad Fresh Basil Pesto Italian Bean and Artichoke Salad Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Mushrooms Cheese Wafers
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...