Highlights: Emmy and Tony winning actress Elaine Stritch (above) speaks candidly about her struggles with diabetes and alcoholism and dLife takes an indepth look at the four D’s – diabetes, depression, drinking, and drugs. Plus, a visit to the world-renown Joslin Diabetes Center and their “Do It” management program.
Special Guests: Broadway star Elaine Stritch and family therapist and diabetes educator Joe Solowiejczyk.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about the Joslin "Do It" program.
- Read columns on diabetes and coping from CDE and therapist Joe Solowiejczyk.
- Educate yourself about drinking alcohol with diabetes.
- Explore resources for dealing with depression when you have diabetes.
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Korean Marinade Gruyere, Arugula, and Prosciutto Stuffed Chicken Apple Chutney Berries 'n Cream Brussels Sprouts with Sweet Potatoes Lime Yogurt Sauce Mouthwateringly Good Chicken Fruit Kabobs with Creamy Cherry Peanut Butter Dip Steamed Salmon with Watercress Sauce Summer Gelatin Salad
During that long first week in the hospital following diagnosis, the endocrinologists and nurses teach you many things. A proper hairy eyeball is not one of them. The hairy eyeball comes with time. Eyes are squinted at 30 degrees without blinking. Head moves slowly in direction of intended target and protrudes forward alien-like. Lips are tightly aligned and locked. Limbs and torso are...