Highlights: Pilot Doug Cairns talks about his round-the-world trip with type 1 diabetes; what you need to know about diabetes rights and discrimination in the workplace; and great breakfast ideas with Chef Michel Nischan and registered dietician Martha McKittrick.
Special Guests: dLife Founder Howard Steinberg; Doug Cairns, pilot and author of Dare to Dream: Flying Solo With Diabetes; attorney and ADA advocacy volunteer John Griffin; Chef Michel Nischan; and Martha McKittrick, RD, CDE.
Quotable: "You are a diabetic, and you a pilot." Douglas Cairns, quoting the Royal Air Force doctor who diagnosed him when he was a jet instructor in the RAF.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Read an excerpt from Dare to Dream: Flying Solo With Diabetes by Douglas Cairns .
- Learn more about diabetes in the workplace.
- Visit the American Diabetes Association's advocacy resources.
- Get Chef Michel Nischan's Omelet Recipe.
- Meet Chef Michel Nischan.
- Find other delicious breakfast ideas in the dLife Recipe Box.
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Tomato Salad with Ginger Greek Swordfish with CousCous Chicken and Rice Burritos Papaya-Avocado Salad Summer Corn Salad "Baked Potato" Dip Breakfast Parfait Provencal-Style Edamame Saute Pesto "Cheesecake" with Pine Nuts Blueberries with Lemon Cream