Highlights: Olympic gold medalist Gary Hall, Jr. swims against his most formidable opponent yet - Mother Love; Nicole Johnson Baker and Gary pound the pavement in Central Park; and certified diabetes educator Gary Scheiner helps J. Anthony Brown get into the exercise habit.
Special Guests: Olympic champion Gary Hall, Jr. and Gary Scheiner, CDE, author of Think Like a Pancreas.
Quotable: "When I was diagnosed with diabetes in March of 1999...I was told by two doctors that it would be the end of my swimming career. I was devastated. It was people in the diabetes community who really inspired me to get back in the water." Gary Hall, Jr., who won gold yet again in Athens in 2004.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Hear the latest from Gary Hall, Jr. "In the Fast Lane."
- Read an excerpt from Think Like a Pancreas.
- Learn more about diabetes and exercise.
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Pear-Ginger Lemonade Greek Quinoa Salad (Gluten Free) Sugar 'n Spice Snack Fruit Dip Fresh Herb Pesto Oranges With Dried Cherries Spanish-Style Scrambled Eggs Salmon Salad with Peanut Lime Dressing Citrus Sauteed Shrimp Cranberry Raisin Sauce