Highlights: Celebrity guests talk about the unique challenges diabetes brings to their high-profile lives, and Joslin Diabetes Center medalists talk about living 50 years with type 1 diabetes.
Special Guests: Rapper and co-founder of A Tribe Called Quest, Phife Dawg; boxing legend Joe Frazier; bluesman B.B. King; Olympic gold medalist and dLife correspondent Gary Hall, Jr.; and Joslin medalists Sandy Asherman and Lynn Wickwire.
Quotable: "The first word you have to learn with diabetes is acceptance. I didn't accept it." - Phife on why he let his diabetes spin out of control for so long.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about the Joslin Medalist Program.
- See special "behind the scenes" photos from this show.
- See our list of famous people who live with diabetes.
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Meet the hosts.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Classic Asparagus with Toasted Almonds Greens with Warm Bacon Dressing Banana-Rama Dessert Oven-Roasted Cheese Fries Kidney Bean, Barley, and Sweet Potato Stew Fresh and Natural Applesauce with a Twist Cheese Crepes with Ham Dilled Carrot Soup Espresso Creme Anglaise Squash Stuffed with Wild Rice