Haiti & Diabetes
dLifeTV Show 234
Highlights: dLife visits Haiti on the two-year anniversary of the devastating earthquake that continues to make diabetes a daily struggle.
Special guests: Sean Penn, Petra Nemcova, and President Bill Clinton
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Haiti earthquake relief efforts.
- Get the recipe for Shrimp Curry.
- Get the dLife iPhone App!
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Crusty Garlic Bread Grilled Antipasto Skewers Macaroni and Cheese Southwestern Chicken and Bean Soup Jerk Chicken Kabobs Tuna Puttanesca Squash and Carrot Sauté Braised Chicken with Beans and Squash Asparagus with Mustard Dill Sauce Broccoli Raisin Salad
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...