Seniors & Diabetes
dLifeTV Show 233
Highlights: dLife takes an in-depth look at how diabetes drugs and devices are approved for use and how the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) helps, or hinders, that process. Also, a discussion of the special issues seniors with diabetes face as they age; and dLife's Jim Turner asks you how your spouse deals with your diabetes health.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Get more information about seniors and diabetes.
- Keep track of all of the diabetes medications you take every day.
- Get the recipe for Impossible Berry Pie.
- How to administer glucagon.
- Learn more about CGMS.
- Why the overnight/morning highs?
- Find out more about Al Mann.
- Get help as a caregiver.
- Get the dLife iPhone App!
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Corn Bread Dressing Delicious Stir Fry Tomatoes Eggplant Souffle Picante Salsa Sour Cream Gremolata Asian Dry Rub Mix-it-up Chicken Chili (Gluten Free) Tuna Wrap Crispy Party Mix Sautéed Button and Porcini Mushrooms
Charlie’s 12-year anniversary with type 1 just passed and I still know nothing about this diabetes and why it hates us so much. As if to remind us that it was its anniversary, diabetes unleashed hell on Friday. Charlie was stranded well over 400 for hours and even tipped the scale at 580. Susanne pulled Charlie out of school and started what became a wartime exercise in futility. It was one of the worst blood sugar days we’ve had in years. ...