Seniors & Diabetes
dLifeTV Show 233
Highlights: dLife takes an in-depth look at how diabetes drugs and devices are approved for use and how the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) helps, or hinders, that process. Also, a discussion of the special issues seniors with diabetes face as they age; and dLife's Jim Turner asks you how your spouse deals with your diabetes health.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Get more information about seniors and diabetes.
- Keep track of all of the diabetes medications you take every day.
- Get the recipe for Impossible Berry Pie.
- How to administer glucagon.
- Learn more about CGMS.
- Why the overnight/morning highs?
- Find out more about Al Mann.
- Get help as a caregiver.
- Get the dLife iPhone App!
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Lynnie-Lynn's Quick Baby Back Ribs Grilled Tuna Salad with Wasabi-Ginger Vinaigrette Fat Free Barbecue Sauce Chilled Potato Leek Soup Sweet Potato Salad Wild Rice Soup Bruschetta Bread Enlitened Hot Cocoa Cheesy Chicken Crunchers Chicken Salad Sandwiches with Apples
It’s sometimes hard to keep track of all the misconceptions and myths surrounding type 1 diabetes. I’m here to set the record straight on some of the myths as it relates to Christmas. Diabetes Christmas Myth #1 – Santa Claus only delivers toys to children with type 1 diabetes if their blood sugar is between 80 and 120. True. Diabetes Christmas Myth #2 – Before Prancer was selected as one of Santa’s reindeer, there was a reindeer named...