Seniors & Diabetes
dLifeTV Show 233
Highlights: dLife takes an in-depth look at how diabetes drugs and devices are approved for use and how the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) helps, or hinders, that process. Also, a discussion of the special issues seniors with diabetes face as they age; and dLife's Jim Turner asks you how your spouse deals with your diabetes health.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Get more information about seniors and diabetes.
- Keep track of all of the diabetes medications you take every day.
- Get the recipe for Impossible Berry Pie.
- How to administer glucagon.
- Learn more about CGMS.
- Why the overnight/morning highs?
- Find out more about Al Mann.
- Get help as a caregiver.
- Get the dLife iPhone App!
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Surveys Find Adults with Type 2 Diabetes Are More Willing to Take Action to Achieve A1C Targets Quicker than Physicians and Other Medical Professionals Perceive
FDA Votes to Change Jardiance Label to Show Reduction in Heart-Related Deaths
Low Carb vs. High Carb II – My Diabetes Diet Battle Continued
Cherry Tomatoes Stuffed with Tuna Broiled Bay Scallops Turkey Vegetable Stew Vanilla Maple Cream Holiday Warm Punch Lemon and Garlic Roast Pork Cream of Cauliflower Soup Honeydew Soup Middle Eastern Eggplant Dip Roquefort Mousse
Years before I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, The Other Half came out of a doctor's appointment with a diagnosis of "borderline diabetes" and an ADA exchange diet sheet. His health insurance agency followed up on the diagnosis with a glucometer and test strips. After a year or so of trying to follow the diet plan and test his glucose levels, things appeared to be back in "normal" range, and stood there until a couple of years after my own diagnosis. Shortly...