Seniors & Diabetes
dLifeTV Show 233
Highlights: dLife takes an in-depth look at how diabetes drugs and devices are approved for use and how the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) helps, or hinders, that process. Also, a discussion of the special issues seniors with diabetes face as they age; and dLife's Jim Turner asks you how your spouse deals with your diabetes health.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Get more information about seniors and diabetes.
- Keep track of all of the diabetes medications you take every day.
- Get the recipe for Impossible Berry Pie.
- How to administer glucagon.
- Learn more about CGMS.
- Why the overnight/morning highs?
- Find out more about Al Mann.
- Get help as a caregiver.
- Get the dLife iPhone App!
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Roasted Beet and Spinach Salad Fat Free Strawberry Cheese Cake Beary Good Snack Mix Lemon Pepper Red Snapper Spicy Buffalo Chicken Tenders Cucumber Spread Minestrone Lentil Soup Seared Salmon with Broccoli Florets and Scallions Smoked Sausage Cheese Spread Root Vegetables with an Apricot Glaze
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...