Diabetes in Washington
dLifeTV Show 232
Highlights: dLife heads to Capitol Hill to visit the JDRF Children's Congress, and to see what progress diabetes advocates are making in Washington. Plus, Jim Turner asks: "What's the most insensitive thing someone has said about your diabetes?"
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about the JDRF Children's Congress.
- Learn more about the artificial pancreas.
- Find out how you can become a diabetes advocate.
- Get the recipe for Crispy "Fried" Vegetables.
- Get the dLife iPhone App!
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Almond Stuffed Baked Apples with Caramel Sauce Honey Mustard Turkey Salad Spicy Shrimp Diablo Summer Chicken and Fruit Salad Edamame Dip Crostini Cold Salmon With Shrimp The Best Ever Beef Stew Bulgur and Corn Salad Holiday Bulgur Salad
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...