dLifeTV Show 229
Highlights: dLife looks at how diabetes disproportionately affects African-American, Native American, and Latino populations in America. Plus, low-carb home cooking in the dLife kitchen, and a visit to the Essence Music Fesitval.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Save your vision. Learn more about vision complications.
- Find more information on Latinos and diabetes.
- Find more information on African Americans and diabetes.
- Find more information on Native Americans and diabetes.
- Help your child manage diabetes.
- Get the recipe for Slow Cooker Mexican Roast.
- Who are the famous — and infamous — people with diabetes? Find out.
- Get the dLife iPhone App!
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Date and Oat Snack Bars Mushroom Stuffed Potato Skins Sautéed Button and Porcini Mushrooms White Bean Salad with Asparagus Pepper and Tofu Kabobs Silken Tofu Whipped Topping Spinach-Salmon Pinwheels Quick Fruit Dip Red Snapper with Yogurt Topping Oatmeal Chocolate Cake
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...