dLifeTV show 224
Highlights: One of the country's largest health organizations conducts a groundbreaking study on how media can improve diabetes control. Also, how hormones help and hinder diabetes.
Special Guest: Martin Abrahamson, M.D., Chief Medical Office Joslin Diabetes Center
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Do you know your risk for developing type 2 diabetes?
- Find out the roles hormones play in the human body.
- What are GLP-1 Agonists? Find out.
- Get more information about islets.
- Get the recipe for Lemon Garlic Chokes & Beans
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Turkey With Warm Arugula Salad Garlic Soup with Toast Curried Dinner Rolls Filet Mignon with Sweet Bourbon-Coffee Sauce Lemon Pudding Cake Creamy Asparagus and Rice Soup Ginger and Summer Squash Charred Honey Mustard Glazed Potatoes Nectarine-Lime Sorbet Garlic-Stuffed Red Potatoes
This past weekend was my STAR TREK group's anniversary picnic. Our hostess was one of our chapter's newer members, though she's definitely a second-generation member (perhaps since birth!) of the larger organization. She's also dealing with a couple of agressive, quality-of-life-limiting autoimmune conditions, at least one of which has been somewhat mitigated by the effect of bariatric surgery. In the relaxed atmosphere of a group picnic, she was able to explain a bit more about...