dLife Show 217
Highlights: dLife blows apart diabetes myths and misunderstandings. Also, a look at how the online social network Facebook may actually help you improve your health, and Jim Turner on “diabetes panic.”
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Separate diabetes fact from fiction.
- Test your diabetes myth busting wits.
- Visit dLife on Facebook.
- Read Manny Hernandez's column Hola Diabetes.
- Get the recipe for Asparagus-Gruyere Frittata.
- Give us your feedback of dLifeTV.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript of this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Parmesan Popcorn Apricot Glazed Vegetables Turkey Salad with Orange Peanut Dressing Thai Green Beans Toasted Garlic Chips Carne Adobado (Spiced Pork) Grilled Chicken with Rice and Peas Salsa Salad Bowl Caribbean Muffins Blueberry Banana Bread
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...