dLife Show 217
Highlights: dLife blows apart diabetes myths and misunderstandings. Also, a look at how the online social network Facebook may actually help you improve your health, and Jim Turner on “diabetes panic.”
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Separate diabetes fact from fiction.
- Test your diabetes myth busting wits.
- Visit dLife on Facebook.
- Read Manny Hernandez's column Hola Diabetes.
- Get the recipe for Asparagus-Gruyere Frittata.
- Give us your feedback of dLifeTV.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript of this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Surveys Find Adults with Type 2 Diabetes Are More Willing to Take Action to Achieve A1C Targets Quicker than Physicians and Other Medical Professionals Perceive
FDA Votes to Change Jardiance Label to Show Reduction in Heart-Related Deaths
Low Carb vs. High Carb II – My Diabetes Diet Battle Continued
Corn & Black Bean Salad Black Bean and Corn Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms Chocolate-Drizzled Cream Puffs Toasted Coconut Cream Tart Russian Tea Cake Cookies Lemon Blueberry Muffins White Bean and Spinach Soup Kasha with Green Vegetables Kiwi Fruit Buttermilk Buster Pineapple Dream Sauce
Years before I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, The Other Half came out of a doctor's appointment with a diagnosis of "borderline diabetes" and an ADA exchange diet sheet. His health insurance agency followed up on the diagnosis with a glucometer and test strips. After a year or so of trying to follow the diet plan and test his glucose levels, things appeared to be back in "normal" range, and stood there until a couple of years after my own diagnosis. Shortly...