Benno Gets Inked
dLife Show 216
Highlights: dLife’s Benno Schmidt reports on the controversial topic of medical alert tattoos, and gets inked himself. Plus, a look at how diabetes may impact memory, and how to keep yours sharp; and a low carb chocolate treat from the dLife kitchen.
Special Guests: Darren Brass
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Get more information on diabetes and tattoos.
- Make the Blood Sugar/Brain Connection.
- Get a grip on prediabetes.
- Get the recipe for Nutty Chocolate Meltaways.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript of this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Berry Cinnamon Crisps Marinated Asparagus Bundles Pineapple Cake Asian Soup with Shredded Chicken and Rice Caviar Mold White Wine Braised Chicken Dijon Spinach Apple Salad Squash Stuffed with Cranberries Holly Jolly Cranberry Grog Piedmont Pork Stew
Because I wear my Dexcom on my arm, I’ve slowly adjusted to the fact that people will ask me about it. Sometimes it’s the rude and inquisitive “What’s that?” and sometimes it’s somewhat sincere curiosity “Is that a (insert random type of medical device that they assume)?” Sometimes it bothers me more than others depending on how they ask and how they respond once I’ve told them what it is. I have limits to how much myth-busting I want to do in everyday conversation and how much rudeness I can...