Benno Gets Inked
dLife Show 216
Highlights: dLife’s Benno Schmidt reports on the controversial topic of medical alert tattoos, and gets inked himself. Plus, a look at how diabetes may impact memory, and how to keep yours sharp; and a low carb chocolate treat from the dLife kitchen.
Special Guests: Darren Brass
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Get more information on diabetes and tattoos.
- Make the Blood Sugar/Brain Connection.
- Get a grip on prediabetes.
- Get the recipe for Nutty Chocolate Meltaways.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript of this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Smoked Salmon and Cucumber Crunchy Summer Vegetable Salad Stovetop Apple-Rice Pudding Strawberry-Kiwi Shortcake Salmon Mousse Grilled Lamb Chops with Papaya Peach Salsa Cheesy Broccoli Soup Zsweet Lemon Pudding Cake Salmon Tacos Jalapeno Shrimp
I had a bad one last night. A scary low bloodsugar that reminded me just how tenuous diabetes makes my existence. I hate those. I hate the feeling that I'm anything less than a strong, capable woman. Diabetes, like a sledge hammer to the knees, has a way of hobbling the confidence I have in my health, strength and well-being. It is both frustrating and disheartening. It's 2:00 am and a good friend called from their third shift job because they needed someone. Just...