Highlights: dLife demystifies sweeteners and sugar substitutes. Plus, how one woman got past denial to take control of her health. And, a heroic mother fighting diabetes in her son’s memory shares her difficult and emotional story.
Special Guest: Michelle Alswager
dLife Web Extras:
- Find more information about the Jesse Alswager foundation.
- Get more information on diabetes and children.
- Get more information on sweeteners and sugar substitutes.
- Take the sugar sugar quiz.
- Learn what you need to know before starting a new medication.
- Get the recipe for 2 great appetizers - Chorizo & Corn Stuffed Mushrooms and Cajun Deviled Eggs.
- Give us your feedback of dLifeTV.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript of this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Garlic Greens with Pasta Mocha Cookies Cajun Grilled Chops Taco Chili Swiss Soup Prosciutto Stuffed Mushrooms Chicken Broth Broiled Tomatoes and Cheese Fattoush Sweet Potato Chips with Fresh Tomato Salsa
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...