Highlights: dLife demystifies sweeteners and sugar substitutes. Plus, how one woman got past denial to take control of her health. And, a heroic mother fighting diabetes in her son’s memory shares her difficult and emotional story.
Special Guest: Michelle Alswager
dLife Web Extras:
- Find more information about the Jesse Alswager foundation.
- Get more information on diabetes and children.
- Get more information on sweeteners and sugar substitutes.
- Take the sugar sugar quiz.
- Learn what you need to know before starting a new medication.
- Get the recipe for 2 great appetizers - Chorizo & Corn Stuffed Mushrooms and Cajun Deviled Eggs.
- Give us your feedback of dLifeTV.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript of this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Honey Mustard Asparagus Orange Streusel Cake Beef Flavored With Leeks & Capers Ginger Teriyaki Scallop Skewers Waldorf Fruit Salad Cheesy Sausage Bites Cranberry and Raisin Sauce Spicy Winter Squash Soup Gingered Beef Roast Low Carb Vegetable Frittata
Many people say that depression is a side effect or complication of diabetes. Without discounting the association of the psychological condition with the physical one, I'm not convinced that our high and/or unstable glucose levels are directly responsible for that change in our mental state. My belief is that the unrelenting need for self-care, for following the sort of care schedules that can drive licensed, professional caregivers crazy, is what overwhelms us...