Airman Islet Transplant
dLife Episode 212
Highlights: The story of a war hero, the dramatic transplant that helped save his life, and what it may mean in the search for a cure. Plus, a visit to diabetes summer camp, and Jim Turner on high blood sugar hell.
Special Guest: Airman Tre Porfirio
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Get more information on pancreatic islet transplantation.
- Find a diabetes summer camp near you.
- Learn more about Camp Nejeda.
- Get the recipe for chicken ranch salad.
- Share the rules of diabetes etiquette with others.
- Learn how to manage high blood sugar levels.
- Give us your feedback of dLifeTV.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript of this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Surveys Find Adults with Type 2 Diabetes Are More Willing to Take Action to Achieve A1C Targets Quicker than Physicians and Other Medical Professionals Perceive
FDA Votes to Change Jardiance Label to Show Reduction in Heart-Related Deaths
Low Carb vs. High Carb II – My Diabetes Diet Battle Continued
Barley Primavera Fennel-Crusted Flank Steak Spinach, Strawberry, and Walnut Salad Garlic Grilled Steaks Angel Meringue Dessert Ginger Tomato Salad Garbanzo Bean Salad Chicken in Plum Salsa Braised Garlic Ginger Chops Mustard-Crusted Roast Pork
I am in desperate need of a nap. Between frequent bathroom trips and constant tossing and turning overnight, my sleep has dwindled. But what do you expect at almost 33 weeks pregnant? My whole body is tired these days though. Two weeks ago, a mix of severe lightheadedness and some weird blood pressure readings at home had my doctor send me to Labor & Delivery for a couple of hours of observation. My blood pressure was fine while at the hospital and I haven’t been checking as...