Airman Islet Transplant
dLife Episode 212
Highlights: The story of a war hero, the dramatic transplant that helped save his life, and what it may mean in the search for a cure. Plus, a visit to diabetes summer camp, and Jim Turner on high blood sugar hell.
Special Guest: Airman Tre Porfirio
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Get more information on pancreatic islet transplantation.
- Find a diabetes summer camp near you.
- Learn more about Camp Nejeda.
- Get the recipe for chicken ranch salad.
- Share the rules of diabetes etiquette with others.
- Learn how to manage high blood sugar levels.
- Give us your feedback of dLifeTV.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript of this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Sephardic Wine and Fruit Pudding Better Butterscotch Bars Mandarin Orange Pork Salad Cheese Puffs Summer Chicken and Mushroom Pasta Cinnamon Pineapple Pork New York-Style Cheesecake Balsamic Beet Puree Herb Baked Trout Spiced Scallops
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...