Airman Islet Transplant
dLife Episode 212
Highlights: The story of a war hero, the dramatic transplant that helped save his life, and what it may mean in the search for a cure. Plus, a visit to diabetes summer camp, and Jim Turner on high blood sugar hell.
Special Guest: Airman Tre Porfirio
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Get more information on pancreatic islet transplantation.
- Find a diabetes summer camp near you.
- Learn more about Camp Nejeda.
- Get the recipe for chicken ranch salad.
- Share the rules of diabetes etiquette with others.
- Learn how to manage high blood sugar levels.
- Give us your feedback of dLifeTV.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript of this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
This past weekend was my STAR TREK group's anniversary picnic. Our hostess was one of our chapter's newer members, though she's definitely a second-generation member (perhaps since birth!) of the larger organization. She's also dealing with a couple of agressive, quality-of-life-limiting autoimmune conditions, at least one of which has been somewhat mitigated by the effect of bariatric surgery. In the relaxed atmosphere of a group picnic, she was able to explain a bit more about...