dLifeTV Show 221
Highlights: Roller derby queens take to the track in the battle against diabetes; Jim Turner fights fast food temptation; and dLife goes grocery shopping.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Read one athlete's view on extreme sports and managing diabetes.
- Learn more about working with an RD/CDE.
- Can you navigate the drive-thru? Get tips.
- Get tips for grocery shopping.
- Download the dLife Healthy Low Carb Lunches Shopping List.
- Get the recipe for Flourless Chocolate Cake.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Surveys Find Adults with Type 2 Diabetes Are More Willing to Take Action to Achieve A1C Targets Quicker than Physicians and Other Medical Professionals Perceive
FDA Votes to Change Jardiance Label to Show Reduction in Heart-Related Deaths
Low Carb vs. High Carb II – My Diabetes Diet Battle Continued
Frozen Double Fudge Peanut Butter Pie Sweet Fruit Sprinkle Raspberry Cranberry Lemon Berry Squeeze Chocolate Mint Pie Edamame Snackers Cantaloupe Granita Momma's Minestrone Eggplant Relish Cream Cheese Coffee Cake Buttermilk Banana Bread
Years before I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, The Other Half came out of a doctor's appointment with a diagnosis of "borderline diabetes" and an ADA exchange diet sheet. His health insurance agency followed up on the diagnosis with a glucometer and test strips. After a year or so of trying to follow the diet plan and test his glucose levels, things appeared to be back in "normal" range, and stood there until a couple of years after my own diagnosis. Shortly...