dLifeTV Show 219
Highlights: dLife brings you the harrowing story of Ernest Sterzer, a type 1 teenage who survived the unthinkable in Nazi Germany. Also, a special tribute to the late, great sports legend, Ron Santo.
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Read Ernest's personal account, available at the Holocaust Museum in Washington, D.C.
- Find out more about type 1 diabetes.
- Discover the alternative methods for taking insulin.
- Learn more about Ron Santo.
- Get the recipe for Meatball Soup.
- Find out the reasons to buy organic.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Portobello Wrap Simmered Beans Vegetable Tamale Pie 20-Minute Pasta Sauce Crab Cakes Canton Lemon Pound Cake Apricot-Glazed Roasted Asparagus Apricot Leather Grilled Tuna Salad with Wasabi-Ginger Vinaigrette Toasted Sesame Seeds
During that long first week in the hospital following diagnosis, the endocrinologists and nurses teach you many things. A proper hairy eyeball is not one of them. The hairy eyeball comes with time. Eyes are squinted at 30 degrees without blinking. Head moves slowly in direction of intended target and protrudes forward alien-like. Lips are tightly aligned and locked. Limbs and torso are...