Tips for Newly Diagnosed
It's important to take control of your diabetes as soon as you're diagnosed, and that begins with early detection. Symptoms of both type 1 and type 2 may include:
• Increased thirst and frequent urination
• Extreme hunger
• Fatigue, or a feeling of being "run down" and tired
• Blurred vision
• Dry, itchy skin
• Tingling or burning pain in the feet, legs, hands, or other body parts
• High blood pressure
• Mood swings or depression
• Frequent infections, such as urinary tract infections, yeast infections, and skin infections
• Slow healing of cuts and bruises
While these symptoms can occur very rapidly in individuals with type 1, they tend to develop over time or not at all individuals with type 2.
Reviewed by Joy Pape, RN, BSN, CDE, WOCN, CFNC. 8/13
Stacked Tofu Tea Sandwiches Herb Grilled Trout Tabbouleh in Tomato Cups Easy Baked Chicken Apple-Glazed Chicken with Spinach Fresh Berry Rhubarb Black Bean and Corn Salad Cranberry Pork Chops Hidden Value Chili Oat-Raisin Applesauce Cookies
While I haven't caught everything he's been in, I've been a fan of Wil Wheaton since his Star Trek: The Next Generation days. While many of my fannish peers wanted to "Kill Wesley Crusher", the character was a bit like I would have liked to have been at that age. Wil's latest TV endeavor, The Wil Wheaton Project, is a mix of science-fiction, fantasy, horror, comics, and gaming news with irreverent...