Preparing for Tax Season
Once April 15th starts to draw near, do you find yourself scrambling to find all the right paperwork and programming your accountant into speed dial? Here are some ways to stay calm, cool, and less taxed about your taxes.
- Gather your records in advance. Make sure you have all the records you need, including 1099s, W-2s, and all necessary receipts.
- Get the right forms. They're available at post offices, libraries, and around-the-clock at www.irs.gov.
- Take your time. Don't let a frazzled mindset keep you from focusing on your return. Make sure you take several breaks while preparing your paperwork to keep your mind sharp.
- Double-check your math and verify the numbers. According to the IRS website, errors involving social security numbers are the most common found on tax returns. Double-checking these crucial numbers can help prevent problems and can also help you speed up your return!
- Get the fastest refund. The earlier your file, the faster your check arrives. Also, selecting direct deposit as a method of receiving your refund keeps you from having to wait by the mailbox for your check.
- Think about e-filing. E-filing helps you catch any calculation errors and also provides instant confirmation that your return has been received by the IRS.
- Keep your cool. If you have a calm head and your paperwork in order, tax time should be relatively simple. Make sure you ask for clarification from your accountant or from the IRS website, where there are customer service representatives at your service to help. Call 1-800-829-1040 or visit www.irs.gov for more information.
Crunchy Peanut Butter Cookies Tuna, Mushroom and Egg Quiche Frozen Lemon Cake Mushroom Ravioli Artichoke Ranch Squares Turkey Stuffed Tomatoes Guacamole - Stuffed Tomatoes Iced Cafe Vanilla Red and Green Pilaf Pears Cooked in Wine
3 ring binder per class. Check! Loose leaf paper. Check! Colored pencils. Check! Sticky notes (various sizes). Check! 3 jumbo book covers. Check! Glue sticks. Check! Dry erase markers and eraser. Check! Packs of dividers (5). Check! Texas Instruments 30 IIS calculator. Check! Flash...