Managing Diabetes, Insurance, and Appeals
The cost of diabetes, insurance coverage, and overall management care is rising every year, and paying for supplies can really take a toll on your wallet. Sometimes just having health insurance isn't enough to cover maintenance costs. With the cost of health insurance rising every day, devices and treatment methods are becoming more expensive and diabetes insurance denials more common. But we have some tips to help you appeal denials and get the most out of your health insurance buck.
Before You Apply For Approval:
- Prior to applying for additional supplies, devices, or treatments, read through your insurance policy and check for any clauses about "pre-existing conditions," chronic illness care, "durable medical equipment" and "maintenance drugs."
- Talk with your human resources representative at your company for guidance on how to apply for approval.
- Contact your health insurance company and confirm the correct procedure for applying for coverage. Be sure to send your request in writing to the correct person or department.
If You Are Denied:
- Call your health insurer and find out why your claim was denied. Take note of the date you called, the representative's name, and their comments.
- If your denial letter gives vague reasons for denial, ask for further specifics in writing.
- Ask for a copy of your health insurance company's Evidence of Coverage or Certificate of Coverage, which will outline the full benefits of your insurance plan.
Brown Sugar Apple Pudding Lamb Chops with Onion-Tomato Sauce Corn and Red Pepper Salsa Chocolate Buttermilk Cake Wild Rice Cherry Stuffing Fiesta Salsa Red Wine Cucumber Salad Tofu Salad with Asian Flavors Raspberry Ice Spaghetti Squash Stuffed with Vegetable Sauté
10. I mostly just like the sauce and the cheese. Pizza crust just doesn't do it for me. Unless it's loaded with buttery soft goodness and crunchy outside. 9. It makes my bloodsugar high for days. 8. Nobody makes pizza like my grandmother used to and it's always kind of a disappointment. She made the best pizza. It was a perfect balance of sauce and cheese and toppings and the crust was insanely good. Every time I eat pizza I end up thinking "not like...