Managing Diabetes, Insurance, and Appeals
The cost of diabetes, insurance coverage, and overall management care is rising every year, and paying for supplies can really take a toll on your wallet. Sometimes just having health insurance isn't enough to cover maintenance costs. With the cost of health insurance rising every day, devices and treatment methods are becoming more expensive and diabetes insurance denials more common. But we have some tips to help you appeal denials and get the most out of your health insurance buck.
Before You Apply For Approval:
- Prior to applying for additional supplies, devices, or treatments, read through your insurance policy and check for any clauses about "pre-existing conditions," chronic illness care, "durable medical equipment" and "maintenance drugs."
- Talk with your human resources representative at your company for guidance on how to apply for approval.
- Contact your health insurance company and confirm the correct procedure for applying for coverage. Be sure to send your request in writing to the correct person or department.
If You Are Denied:
- Call your health insurer and find out why your claim was denied. Take note of the date you called, the representative's name, and their comments.
- If your denial letter gives vague reasons for denial, ask for further specifics in writing.
- Ask for a copy of your health insurance company's Evidence of Coverage or Certificate of Coverage, which will outline the full benefits of your insurance plan.
Cheesy Baked Salsa Chicken Sweet 'n' Spicy Baby Carrots Seasoned Chicken and Vegetables Chocolate Sour Cream Cookies Beet Borscht with Soy-based Sausages Grilled Sirloin Steak with Olive Sauce Rouille Squash Rockefeller Corn Chicken Low Carb Balsamic Chicken with Garlic
We all make choices every single day. Sometimes we make the right ones, sometimes we make the wrong ones. Hopefully, we weigh the consequences of the choices - hopefully we think of others even if the consequence for ourselves isn't all that bad. Hopefully, we measure our own selfish wants and desires and outcomes against the overall picture of the situation. Even if we think our actions are right, even if our actions might bring us happiness or good fortune, what will...