Managing Diabetes, Insurance, and Appeals
The cost of diabetes, insurance coverage, and overall management care is rising every year, and paying for supplies can really take a toll on your wallet. Sometimes just having health insurance isn't enough to cover maintenance costs. With the cost of health insurance rising every day, devices and treatment methods are becoming more expensive and diabetes insurance denials more common. But we have some tips to help you appeal denials and get the most out of your health insurance buck.
Before You Apply For Approval:
- Prior to applying for additional supplies, devices, or treatments, read through your insurance policy and check for any clauses about "pre-existing conditions," chronic illness care, "durable medical equipment" and "maintenance drugs."
- Talk with your human resources representative at your company for guidance on how to apply for approval.
- Contact your health insurance company and confirm the correct procedure for applying for coverage. Be sure to send your request in writing to the correct person or department.
If You Are Denied:
- Call your health insurer and find out why your claim was denied. Take note of the date you called, the representative's name, and their comments.
- If your denial letter gives vague reasons for denial, ask for further specifics in writing.
- Ask for a copy of your health insurance company's Evidence of Coverage or Certificate of Coverage, which will outline the full benefits of your insurance plan.
Picnic Salsa Chicken with Kale Stuffing Mozzarella Tuna Arugula Salad with Oil and Vinegar Sugar-Free Chocolate Chip and Sour Cream Muffins Roasted Spiced Cauliflower Six-Layer Dinner Strawberry-Topped Cheesecake Crabmeat Mold Good and Fruity Muffins
Ross and I’s wedding is just nine days away! I am excited, happy-nervous, and stressed all at the same time. Most of the planning is done. I am just wrapping up final details this week like picking up my dress from the alterations shop, printing favor cards, and other odds and ends. It has been a whirlwind, despite a long engagement. I really could not be happier with knowing that in 9 days I will be linked to my best friend and spending the rest of my life with the man of my dreams. ...