New Year's 2012
2011 may have been yet another arduous year full of changes that were taxing on many of us — in more ways than one — but there was probably as much good news as bad. The dLife bloggers and columnists certainly had some thoughts about it. Take a look at how they saw 2011 and see if you agree.
What else does the new year have in store? Resolutions and reflections, of course!
- Don't let the thought of making changes pressure you. dLife Columnist Janis Roszler encourages you to Keep On Keepin' On.
- Already made your resolutions? Then it's time for a new year and a new you!
- Do you have trouble keeping your resolutions? Janis is back to talk about why we have trouble achieving our goals, and what to do about it.
- Have you been getting lazy with your diabetes management? dLife Viewpoints Columnist Kathryn Foss shares why her New Year's resolution is to stop making excuses and start testing.
- Travis Grubbs, dLife Viewpoints columnist, shares his most significant diabetes moment.
Reviewed by Susan Weiner, RD, MS, CDE, CDN (06/12)
Havana Bananas Yogurt and Almond Apples Basic Sponge Cake (Genoise) Taco Chili Salmon with Orange-Fennel Sauce Sausage Hash Brown Frittata Hot Pepper Cornbread Asparagus Finger Salad Roasted Pork Chops and Vegetables Baked Ling Cod
Having lived with diabetes for over three decades, I've heard more than my fair share of ignorant comments. Sometimes, all I can do is shake my head and laugh. Other times, I get internally irate. And there are times when I take a moment to correct some piece of misinformation; if I feel my correction will be taken without issue. Here, are my top ten things I believe no person with diabetes should ever have to hear. That are also, unfortunately, all too commonly uttered. ...