New Year's 2012
2011 may have been yet another arduous year full of changes that were taxing on many of us — in more ways than one — but there was probably as much good news as bad. The dLife bloggers and columnists certainly had some thoughts about it. Take a look at how they saw 2011 and see if you agree.
What else does the new year have in store? Resolutions and reflections, of course!
- Don't let the thought of making changes pressure you. dLife Columnist Janis Roszler encourages you to Keep On Keepin' On.
- Already made your resolutions? Then it's time for a new year and a new you!
- Do you have trouble keeping your resolutions? Janis is back to talk about why we have trouble achieving our goals, and what to do about it.
- Have you been getting lazy with your diabetes management? dLife Viewpoints Columnist Kathryn Foss shares why her New Year's resolution is to stop making excuses and start testing.
- Travis Grubbs, dLife Viewpoints columnist, shares his most significant diabetes moment.
Reviewed by Susan Weiner, RD, MS, CDE, CDN (06/12)
Confetti Tuna Roast Chicken Provencale Seafood Lettuce Wraps Butternut Squash Bisque Pears Cooked in Wine Crispy Potato Pancakes Hanukkah Wild Rice and Potato Latkes Chicken Florentine Supreme Pineapple and Strawberry Gelatin Garlic Soup
Last Saturday, I’d been struggling with an entire week above 200 that just didn’t seem to want to budge. So I decided that I couldn’t risk the Omnipod anymore and I had to pull it from my management routine, at least until things settled down. I started twice-daily Lantus injections on Saturday night and have been working out the kinks of being back on MDIs since then. The first three days of switching to MDIs were rough. Watching the Lantus take effect slowly was like waiting for...