New Year's 2012
2011 may have been yet another arduous year full of changes that were taxing on many of us — in more ways than one — but there was probably as much good news as bad. The dLife bloggers and columnists certainly had some thoughts about it. Take a look at how they saw 2011 and see if you agree.
What else does the new year have in store? Resolutions and reflections, of course!
- Don't let the thought of making changes pressure you. dLife Columnist Janis Roszler encourages you to Keep On Keepin' On.
- Already made your resolutions? Then it's time for a new year and a new you!
- Do you have trouble keeping your resolutions? Janis is back to talk about why we have trouble achieving our goals, and what to do about it.
- Have you been getting lazy with your diabetes management? dLife Viewpoints Columnist Kathryn Foss shares why her New Year's resolution is to stop making excuses and start testing.
- Travis Grubbs, dLife Viewpoints columnist, shares his most significant diabetes moment.
Reviewed by Susan Weiner, RD, MS, CDE, CDN (06/12)
Peach Flavored Green Tea Punch Mexican Soup Roasted Garlic Spread with Three Cheeses Stir-Fried Seafood and Asparagus Fresh Mushroom Soup with Tarragon Roasted Garlic and Edamame Dip Jeanne's "I Can't Believe This is Healthy" Pineapple Cheesecake Snap Pea Salad with Radish & Lime Chicken Mediterranean Penne Salad with Tomato and Capers
I'm sitting waiting for a table at the cafe' for me and a friend who is running a bit late. Feeling a little off, I grab my test kit and poke my finger, getting a little blood droplet. "Does that hurt?" Asks the man sitting next to me. He's an older guy, with some pretty profound ear hair. I note the ear hair as I say "Sort of... I think I'm kind of used to it now. I've been doing it a long time." My sugar is a little elevated...