New Year's 2012
2011 may have been yet another arduous year full of changes that were taxing on many of us — in more ways than one — but there was probably as much good news as bad. The dLife bloggers and columnists certainly had some thoughts about it. Take a look at how they saw 2011 and see if you agree.
What else does the new year have in store? Resolutions and reflections, of course!
- Don't let the thought of making changes pressure you. dLife Columnist Janis Roszler encourages you to Keep On Keepin' On.
- Already made your resolutions? Then it's time for a new year and a new you!
- Do you have trouble keeping your resolutions? Janis is back to talk about why we have trouble achieving our goals, and what to do about it.
- Have you been getting lazy with your diabetes management? dLife Viewpoints Columnist Kathryn Foss shares why her New Year's resolution is to stop making excuses and start testing.
- Travis Grubbs, dLife Viewpoints columnist, shares his most significant diabetes moment.
Reviewed by Susan Weiner, RD, MS, CDE, CDN (06/12)
If you listen closely, you may hear the sound of 25 million Americans with diabetes rejoicing today. In a revolutionary movement, the FDA has given 510(k) approval on Abbott's HbA1C test which is expected to help millions of Americans with Type 1 or 2 diabetes or those at risk. Abbott's ARCHITECT Clinical Chemistry Hemoglobin A1C (HbA1C) test is a dramatic shift in diabetes diagnosis and monitoring. Instead of the HbA1C tests performed at a laboratory and constituted as blood work, the...