Stress can make blood glucose levels skyrocket. Take time for yourself to de-stress and regain control. Some strategies:
• Yoga. Take a yoga class and benefit both your body and mind.
• Progressive relaxation. This self-guided exercise can also be performed with the help of an audiotape. It involves tensing and progressively relaxing different muscle groups to achieve full body relaxation.
• Delegate. Take some unnecessary stress off yourself and farm out time-consuming chores like ironing (to the dry cleaner) and party preparation (to a caterer).
• Choose your battles. Is getting into an argument with your teenager over an unmade bed really worth it? Does it really matter if your spouse forgot to put the recycling out? Only fight those battles that make a difference, and let the minor annoyances pass you by.
• Ignore and avoid. Have an annoying neighbor or a grating co-worker that just puts you on edge every time they walk up? Stay out of their paths and surround yourself with people that support you.
Reviewed by Francine Kaufman, MD. 4/08
Asparagus Salad with Lemon-Soy Sauce Asian Flank Steak Summer Limeade Baked Red Snapper Bean Salad over Romaine Lettuce Chile-Cheese Corn Bread Beef-Vegetable Ragout Chocolate Loaf Mini Eggplant Pizzas Vegetable Salad with Feta Dressing
An update on NightScout. When we last left, I was so frustrated with it that I was about ready to march right up to that cloud (if I could find the right one) and give someone or something a piece of my mind. Now … I wanna marry it! And all it took was a $3.50 cable. The streaming connection to Charlie’s Dexcom has been nearly flawless since receiving our new cable in the mail and I...