Jim Hamblin Biography
Claim to Fame: Reporter
Date of Death: May 1996
Diabetes Type: Unknown
Jim Hamblin, a beloved reporter from Southern California, covered politics and the State Capital for radio stations such as KCBS and KFBK. He is fondly remembered for his witty tone, which was present even during times of tragedy. Some highlights of his professional career include interviewing American icons like Lyndon B. Johnson and Frank Sinatra. After being diagnosed with diabetes, he unfortunately lost his leg due to complications caused by the disease. Despite this, he continued to report and cast on the radio until he died at age 59 in May of 1996, leaving behind the vast legacy of his 30-year career.
- SF Gate. http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Jim-Hamblin-reporter-3144051.php (Accessed 5/22/13)
- Goliath. http://goliath.ecnext.com/coms2/gi_0199-8410013/Jim-Hamblin.html (Accessed 5/22/13).
- SF Gate. http://articles.sfgate.com/1996-05-17/news/17775568_1_roseville-press-radio-funeral-services (Accessed 5/22/13)
- SF Gate. http://articles.sfgate.com/1996-05-14/news/17774864_1_los-angeles-county-state-capitol-veteran-radio (Accessed 5/22/13)
- Angela Rose. http://www.angelarose.com/FamousDiabetics/Fam-Writers.htm (Accessed 5/22/13)
Apricot Ginger Preserves Raspberry Hot Chocolate Turkey With Cranberry Stuffing Roasted Whole Snapper Sourdough Bread Spinach Dip Pineapple and Strawberry Gelatin Chicken Cilantro Spice-Rubbed Flank Steak Artichokes with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce Lemon Parsley Shrimp over Rice
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...