Ask Your Doctor
Whether you’re newly diagnosed or have been living with diabetes since childhood, having an open dialog with your doctor (or diabetes educator) is an important part of your care. Bring these questions with you on your next visit to get the conversation started—and the information you need.
1. What type of diabetes do I have?
2. Do I have to take insulin or other medications?
3. Are there any side effects from taking insulin or medication?
4. Will I always have to take insulin or medication?
5. Do I have to eat a special diet?
6. What are my blood glucose level goals?
7. How do I check my blood glucose levels at home?
8. Can I still exercise or play sports?
9. What kinds of lifestyle changes do I have to make?
10. Are there any warning signs or symptoms I should look out for?
Living with Diabetes
1. What are my blood glucose level goals?
2. How often should I be checking my blood glucose levels at home?
3. Are there new insulin or insulin delivery methods I should consider?
4. When was my last hemoglobin A1c test and what were the results?
5. When was my last dilated eye exam? What were the results?
6. When was my last lipid profile test? What were the results?
7. Do you detect any problems with my feet?
8. When was the last time I was checked for microalbuminuria (the earliest benchmark for kidney disease)?
9. Should I be concerned about other diabetes complications, such as heart disease or stroke?
10. What can I do to lessen my risks of complications?
Chicken with Kale Stuffing Potatoes O'Brien Frozen Blueberry Yogurt Pops Citrus Guacamole Apple-Horseradish Sauce Turkey-Beef Kabobs Cheddar and Sausage Quiche Soft Shell Crabs with Asian Mignonette Fruit Slush Homemade Potato Chips
An update on NightScout. When we last left, I was so frustrated with it that I was about ready to march right up to that cloud (if I could find the right one) and give someone or something a piece of my mind. Now … I wanna marry it! And all it took was a $3.50 cable. The streaming connection to Charlie’s Dexcom has been nearly flawless since receiving our new cable in the mail and I...