Ask Your Doctor
Whether you’re newly diagnosed or have been living with diabetes since childhood, having an open dialog with your doctor (or diabetes educator) is an important part of your care. Bring these questions with you on your next visit to get the conversation started—and the information you need.
1. What type of diabetes do I have?
2. Do I have to take insulin or other medications?
3. Are there any side effects from taking insulin or medication?
4. Will I always have to take insulin or medication?
5. Do I have to eat a special diet?
6. What are my blood glucose level goals?
7. How do I check my blood glucose levels at home?
8. Can I still exercise or play sports?
9. What kinds of lifestyle changes do I have to make?
10. Are there any warning signs or symptoms I should look out for?
Living with Diabetes
1. What are my blood glucose level goals?
2. How often should I be checking my blood glucose levels at home?
3. Are there new insulin or insulin delivery methods I should consider?
4. When was my last hemoglobin A1c test and what were the results?
5. When was my last dilated eye exam? What were the results?
6. When was my last lipid profile test? What were the results?
7. Do you detect any problems with my feet?
8. When was the last time I was checked for microalbuminuria (the earliest benchmark for kidney disease)?
9. Should I be concerned about other diabetes complications, such as heart disease or stroke?
10. What can I do to lessen my risks of complications?
Vienna Style Cream Sirloin Steak with Adobo Gravy Tunisian Mashed-Zucchini Salad Three Cheese Points Sole Amandine Quick and Easy Fit Burgers Orange Streusel Cake Minted Chutney Roasted Vegetables Apple, Beet, and Cabbage Salad Swiss Chard with Hot Seasoned Vinegar
Ross and I’s wedding is just nine days away! I am excited, happy-nervous, and stressed all at the same time. Most of the planning is done. I am just wrapping up final details this week like picking up my dress from the alterations shop, printing favor cards, and other odds and ends. It has been a whirlwind, despite a long engagement. I really could not be happier with knowing that in 9 days I will be linked to my best friend and spending the rest of my life with the man of my dreams. ...