| || |
Tasty and tender pork loin wrapped with cabbage leaves and green onion then roasted to perfection.
|Makes 12 servings |
|Amount Per Serving |
| Calories ||254.0 |
| Total Carbs ||19.0 g |
| Dietary Fiber ||2.4 g |
| Sugars ||2.3 g |
| Total Fat ||6.5 g |
| Saturated Fat ||1.8 g |
| Unsaturated Fat ||1.3 g |
| Potassium ||658.6 mg |
| Protein ||31.8 g |
| Sodium ||357.1 mg |
| Dietary Exchanges |
6.5 Fat, 0.2 Vegetables, 3.1 Meat, 0.8 Starch,
|See the Detailed Nutritional Analysis|
|Note: One or more ingredients from this recipe are not included in the nutritional analysis above. Either the ingredient is missing from our database or is listed as "optional" in the recipe. |
|Powered by ESHA |
- Remove outer leaves from cabbage, about 6 layers, trim tough ribs. Save remaining cabbage.
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, bring 3 quarts of water to a boil over high heat, add cabbage leaves and cook until slightly softened and easier to work with (push under water with tongs), about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove cabbage from pot with a slotted spoon (do not get rid of water) and place in a strainer to drain.
- Add onions to water until just wilted, about 10 seconds, drain and pat dry with paper towel.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl or cup, mix the thyme, black pepper, and 1 teaspoon of salt. Rub evenly over pork roast.
- Wrap pork in cabbage leaves and secure in place with green onions (you will probably have to tie 2 green onion leaves together so it is long enough to fit around entire roast).
- Place pork in a 14 x 10 inch roasting pan; pour bouillon dissolved in hot water into pan.
- Insert meat thermometer in center and roast until temperature reads about 155 degrees F, about 1 hour. Baste pork occasionally with juices from pan.
- In the meantime, place potatoes in a pot with enough water to cover and boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until soft, about 20 minutes. Drain and carefully cut into 1/2 inch cubes (they will be hot).
- Coarsely slice remaining cabbage.
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium high heat; add cabbage, caraway seeds, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt, sauté until tender crisp. Add potatoes and heat thoroughly. Place onto a large serving plate and keep warm.
- In the same pot, warm the cherry tomatoes over medium high heat until thoroughly heated; set aside.
- When pork is done, remove from oven and place on platter with cabbage.
- In a small cup, mix the water and cornstarch then add into the drippings of the roasting pan. Pour into a small pot and bring to a boil, continue boiling for 1 minute, skimming any visible fat. Spoon over pork and serve with tomatoes.