| || |
A delicious pastry made with cinnamon and raisins.
|Makes 24 servings |
|Amount Per Serving |
| Calories ||138.3 |
| Total Carbs ||27.2 g |
| Dietary Fiber ||1.0 g |
| Sugars ||10.8 g |
| Total Fat ||4.6 g |
| Saturated Fat ||0.9 g |
| Unsaturated Fat ||1.5 g |
| Potassium ||75.3 mg |
| Protein ||3.3 g |
| Sodium ||142.4 mg |
| Dietary Exchanges |
4.6 Fat, 0.3 Fruits, 0.1 Meat, 0.0 Milk, 0.9 Starch,
|See the Detailed Nutritional Analysis|
|Note: One or more ingredients from this recipe are not included in the nutritional analysis above. Either the ingredient is missing from our database or is listed as "optional" in the recipe. |
|Powered by ESHA |
- In a large bowl, begin by combining 2 cups flour, the yeast, and 1 1/4 teaspoons sugar substitute.
- Separately, combine milk, 1/3 cup margarine, and salt in a small saucepan. Heat the mixture until it reaches roughly 125 degrees F.
- Add this liquid mixture to the flour mixture along with the eggs, and then beat with electric mixer at low speed for 30 seconds.
- Increasing the speed to high, beat for 3 minutes, and then gradually add the remaining 2 cups of flour, mixing until the dough becomes stiff.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until it becomes smooth and elastic. Shape the dough into a ball and then place it in a bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to grease the top.
- Cover the bowl and then let the dough rise in a warm place for about 1 hour, or until it appears to have doubled in bulk.
- After the dough has risen, punch it down and then divide it in half. Recover, and then let rest for 10 minutes.
- Next, roll one half of the dough to a 12x8-inch rectangle.
- Now, combine 2 teaspoons of the sugar substitute and the cinnamon and then sprinkle half of the mixture, along with half of the raisins, over the shaped dough.
- Melt the remaining 3 tablespoons of margarine, and brush half of it over the shaped dough.
- Roll up the shaped dough jellyroll fashion, and then press the edges and ends together securely.
- Cut into 12 slices, and arrange in a 9-inch round baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Repeat the roll process with the remaining dough, melted margarine, sugar substitute mixture, and raisins.
- Cover the baking pans and let them rise again in a warm place for about 30 minutes, or until they have once again doubled in bulk.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the rolls have become golden brown.
- Cool slightly before removing the rolls from the pan, and serve warm.