Living with Kidney Disease
Can I Live a Normal Life with Kidney Disease?, continued
Six Steps You Can Take to Live a Richer Life
1. Empower yourself by being proactive about your health. Learn all you can about kidney disease and its treatment.
2. Follow a kidney-friendly diet. Be mindful of the fluids you're consuming if you are on a fluid restriction.
3. Find an activity or exercise program that works for you, so you can improve your stamina and boost your energy level.
4. Take your medications on schedule and according to directions. Note any side effects and alert your health care provider.
5. Don't forget to do the things you love to do. Visit with friends, go out to dinner and take regular vacations.
Stay positive. A good attitude is vital for a good life.
Reprinted with permission by DaVita, Inc. Learn more about kidney disease at DaVita.com.
Hazelnut and Lemon Green Beans Tomato Pepper Guacamole Mexican Style BLT Wrap Spicy Mango Salsa Creamy Dessert Topping Mesquite-Smoked Tofu Veal Meat Loaf Corn Pudding made with Splenda Chicken Tostadas Lentil and Pasta Soup
I was in Dunkin' Donuts this morning. The one in Pawtucket, Rhode Island on Broadway actually offers some gluten-free selections and I was craving a breakfast sandwich. Waiting in line, I overheard two men at the counter - clearly regulars who sit for hours and shoot the sh*t over morning coffee and donuts. "I gotta be cay-ful too many donuts no good, I got tha shuuu-gah." "I didn't know you had the shu-gah. All the crap you eat,...