Living with Kidney Disease
Can I Live a Normal Life with Kidney Disease?, continued
Six Steps You Can Take to Live a Richer Life
1. Empower yourself by being proactive about your health. Learn all you can about kidney disease and its treatment.
2. Follow a kidney-friendly diet. Be mindful of the fluids you're consuming if you are on a fluid restriction.
3. Find an activity or exercise program that works for you, so you can improve your stamina and boost your energy level.
4. Take your medications on schedule and according to directions. Note any side effects and alert your health care provider.
5. Don't forget to do the things you love to do. Visit with friends, go out to dinner and take regular vacations.
Stay positive. A good attitude is vital for a good life.
Reprinted with permission by DaVita, Inc. Learn more about kidney disease at DaVita.com.
Turkey Stock Cranberry-Walnut Cabbage Slaw Chicken Salad with a Corn Salsa Dressing Chicken a la Orange Easy Grilled Chicken Sandwich Mocha Cream Puffs Baked Raisin Apples Creamy Pineapple Sorbet Lasagna Roll-Ups Holiday Warm Punch
It’s sometimes hard to keep track of all the misconceptions and myths surrounding type 1 diabetes. I’m here to set the record straight on some of the myths as it relates to Christmas. Diabetes Christmas Myth #1 – Santa Claus only delivers toys to children with type 1 diabetes if their blood sugar is between 80 and 120. True. Diabetes Christmas Myth #2 – Before Prancer was selected as one of Santa’s reindeer, there was a reindeer named...