Living with Kidney Disease
Can I Live a Normal Life with Kidney Disease?, continued
Six Steps You Can Take to Live a Richer Life
1. Empower yourself by being proactive about your health. Learn all you can about kidney disease and its treatment.
2. Follow a kidney-friendly diet. Be mindful of the fluids you're consuming if you are on a fluid restriction.
3. Find an activity or exercise program that works for you, so you can improve your stamina and boost your energy level.
4. Take your medications on schedule and according to directions. Note any side effects and alert your health care provider.
5. Don't forget to do the things you love to do. Visit with friends, go out to dinner and take regular vacations.
Stay positive. A good attitude is vital for a good life.
Reprinted with permission by DaVita, Inc. Learn more about kidney disease at DaVita.com.
Vanilla Ice Cream with Strawberry Sauce Beef With Dry Spice Rub Vegetables and Herbs Crunchy Fennel Salad Spinach and Artichoke Cheese Custard Ginger Scallion Fish Orecchiette Pasta with Broccoli Greek Lemon Chicken and Rice (Gluten Free) Nutty Butternut Squash Herbed French Bread
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...