dLifeHeaderPortlet is temporarily unavailable.

dLife Daily Tips

Practice makes near perfect at bedtime

Read More
The Question
Sat Feb 28 16:39:06 UTC 2009

Trying to locate a centre where I can be admitted for a week or more to treat a complexity of complications I suffer from as a result of diabetes.
Asked By: hisham  
Category: Type 1

Background Info Hide
Type 1 DM. Seveare diabetic peripheral neuropathy Diabulemia
Diabetes Profile Hide
Expert Answers (1)
2009-05-30 08:16:20.0

This used to be an easier thing to find, but a center that takes insurance and will admit a patient for "fine tuning" and evaluation of diabetes with insurance approval is a rareity. I would suggest talking to your ADA locally because there is funding available to send patients to a facility that treats adults (Like an adult diabetes camp), but it would be costly. The ADA is a great place to start, and will at the very least find some seminars and/or classes for you to attend; and may even find funding to send you to an adult treatment center for a few days.
Answered By: susan sloane
Accreditations: B.S.,Rph.,C.D.E.,Nutritionist
Sources Show

Community Answers (0)

*** All information contained on dLife.com is intended for informational and educational purposes only. Our Expert Q&A is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional or for professional medical advice related to diabetes or another medical condition. Please contact your physician or medical professional with any questions and concerns about your medical condition.

dLife Weekly Poll

Do you have all the doctors you need on your diabetes care team?

  • Watch dLifeTV online now!

    Click here for more info