dLifeHeaderPortlet is temporarily unavailable.

dLife Daily Tips

Practice makes near perfect at bedtime

Read More
The Question
Fri May 11 20:54:01 UTC 2012

I keep getting trush around my private part,and it has a very bad smell, is there anything I could do to stop this?
Asked By: murtrock  

Background Info Hide
I am type 1, I inject myself 4 times a day. I take a high dose of insulin, 3 x70 mils in the day, and 90 mils of Lantus at night. I am also on a lot of other meditcation for my legs. M suger levels are sometimes very hi. Martin
Diabetes Profile Hide
Expert Answers (1)
2012-05-17 13:28:15.0

High blood sugar affects the skin everywhere on your body. Yeast infections are more likely to develop in skin folds like the groin area. Consult your doctor about the problem you are having. You may need a special cream or other medicine to clear it up.

Here are some additional skin care tips:

  • keep the area clean and dry
  • try using talcum powder
  • wear all cotton underwear
  • speak with your doctor about how to get contol of your blood sugar levels. Without good blood sugar control, you are not likely to rid yourself of the problem. Good luck.
  • Answered By: Donna Yuscavage
    Accreditations: RN, BSN, CDE
    Sources Show

    Community Answers (0)

    *** All information contained on dLife.com is intended for informational and educational purposes only. Our Expert Q&A is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional or for professional medical advice related to diabetes or another medical condition. Please contact your physician or medical professional with any questions and concerns about your medical condition.

    dLife Weekly Poll

    Do you have all the doctors you need on your diabetes care team?

    • Watch dLifeTV online now!

      Click here for more info