26. Margarita Pork Roast
Pork loin marinated in lime and tequila, finished with a flavorful rub.
27. Slow Cooker Mexican Roast
Chuck roast slow-cooked in spicy, zesty seasonings.
28. Chicken Diane Chicken breasts in a lemon- dijon sauce.
29. Low Carb Meat Loaf A delicious turkey meat loaf, virtually carb-free!
30. Tiramisu Bites A guilt-free dessert made from cream cheese, coffee, and vanilla.
31. Spicy Egg Casserole Egg, onion, mushroom, and tomato casserole spiced with your favorite hot pepper sauce, prepared in the microwave oven.
32. Angelic Deviled Eggs Cottage cheese, ranch dressing, and mustard liven up this delicious appetizer.
33. Apple Crisp with Macadamia Nuts Warm, lower carb apple crisp with a crunchy nut topping.
34. Almond Chicken Salad A nutty chicken salad served with rye bread.
35. Nutty Chocolate Meltaways These chocolate coconut hazelnut truffles will melt in your mouth.
36. Slow-Cooked Italian Wedding Soup
This hearty soup is made with meatballs, spinach, fennel, and orzo pasta.
37. Flourless Chocolate Cake with Almonds A rich and decadent dessert.
38. Balsamic Chicken Breast A delicious and sweet balsamic-flavored chicken that makes a great main dish.
39. Slow Cooker Fresh Veggie Lasagna Layered noodles with spinach, mushrooms, zucchini, and cheese.
40. Tortilla Soup A traditional Mexican soup with tomatoes, basil, beans, and cilantro.
41. Baked Pork Chops A low carb, Southern pork-chop dish for the nutritionally conscious.
42. African Fried Spinach A fresh tasting dish with meaty mushrooms, onion, and garlic.
43. Spaghetti Squash with Herbs Simple, savory faux pasta, made with butter and herbs.
44. Salsa Chicken Cheesy chicken, baked with salsa.
45. Bacon-Cheddar Mushrooms Mushrooms stuffed with bacon and cheddar cheese.
46. Cheesy Spinach Bake A spinach casserole with eggs and cheese.
47. On-the-Go Snack Mix A healthy, low carb take on trail mix.
48. Coconut Cookies Warm and gooey chocolate coconut cookies flavored with pina colada mix.
49. Individual Meatloaf Traditional meatloaf in individual sized mini loaves.
50. Lentil and Sausage Soup Lentils, sausage, pasta, and tomatoes make a high fiber and delicious soup.
Reviewed by Susan Weiner, RD, MS, CDE, CDN. 05/12
Zwhipped Cream Mexican Ceviche Pineapple & Kiwi Kabobs Lemon Dill Pollock Chilled Raspberry Souffle Artichoke Ranch Squares Black-Eyed Peas with Mixed Vegetables Skinny Waldorf Salad Chicken Salad in a Nest Baked Chicken with Mango
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...