26. Margarita Pork Roast
Pork loin marinated in lime and tequila, finished with a flavorful rub.
27. Slow Cooker Mexican Roast
Chuck roast slow-cooked in spicy, zesty seasonings.
28. Chicken Diane Chicken breasts in a lemon- dijon sauce.
29. Low Carb Meat Loaf A delicious turkey meat loaf, virtually carb-free!
30. Tiramisu Bites A guilt-free dessert made from cream cheese, coffee, and vanilla.
31. Spicy Egg Casserole Egg, onion, mushroom, and tomato casserole spiced with your favorite hot pepper sauce, prepared in the microwave oven.
32. Angelic Deviled Eggs Cottage cheese, ranch dressing, and mustard liven up this delicious appetizer.
33. Apple Crisp with Macadamia Nuts Warm, lower carb apple crisp with a crunchy nut topping.
34. Almond Chicken Salad A nutty chicken salad served with rye bread.
35. Nutty Chocolate Meltaways These chocolate coconut hazelnut truffles will melt in your mouth.
36. Slow-Cooked Italian Wedding Soup
This hearty soup is made with meatballs, spinach, fennel, and orzo pasta.
37. Flourless Chocolate Cake with Almonds A rich and decadent dessert.
38. Balsamic Chicken Breast A delicious and sweet balsamic-flavored chicken that makes a great main dish.
39. Slow Cooker Fresh Veggie Lasagna Layered noodles with spinach, mushrooms, zucchini, and cheese.
40. Tortilla Soup A traditional Mexican soup with tomatoes, basil, beans, and cilantro.
41. Baked Pork Chops A low carb, Southern pork-chop dish for the nutritionally conscious.
42. African Fried Spinach A fresh tasting dish with meaty mushrooms, onion, and garlic.
43. Spaghetti Squash with Herbs Simple, savory faux pasta, made with butter and herbs.
44. Salsa Chicken Cheesy chicken, baked with salsa.
45. Bacon-Cheddar Mushrooms Mushrooms stuffed with bacon and cheddar cheese.
46. Cheesy Spinach Bake A spinach casserole with eggs and cheese.
47. On-the-Go Snack Mix A healthy, low carb take on trail mix.
48. Coconut Cookies Warm and gooey chocolate coconut cookies flavored with pina colada mix.
49. Individual Meatloaf Traditional meatloaf in individual sized mini loaves.
50. Lentil and Sausage Soup Lentils, sausage, pasta, and tomatoes make a high fiber and delicious soup.
Reviewed by Susan Weiner, RD, MS, CDE, CDN. 05/12
Sweet and Spicy Broccoli Potato Soup Strawberry, Ginger Ale, and Wine Slush Gluten-Free Flour Blend (Gluten Free) Scallops with Parsley Thyme Relish Fresh Fruit With Gingersnap Cookies Greek-Style Stewed Chicken Ocean Spray® Berry Lite Lemonade White Corn and Baby Pea Salad Easy Shredded Cabbage Chocolate Hazelnut Macaroons
Tsimmes is a simple, tangy-sweet stew made of beef, carrots, potatoes, honey, and prunes. Like most stews, it's carb-heavy, tasty, and filling. Making a tsimmes is a colloquial Yinglish (Yiddlish?) expression meaning "making a big deal out of nothing". While the similar expression "making a moutain out of a molehill" suggests exaggerating a difficulty, "making a tsimmes" has no "negative" baggage associated with it, just...