dLife's Best Recipes of 2011
1. Granola Bars with the Works
The chewy goodness of oats, coconut, pecans, peanut butter, and more!
2. Sugar-Free Cheesecake
A rich and creamy treat — without the sugar!
3. All American Fried Chicken
Boneless chicken breast coated in pecans and lightly fried.
4. Slow Cooked Beef and Barley Soup A hearty, healthy version of the classic.
5. 5-Spice Chicken Noodle Soup An Asian inspired chicken soup with green onions, bok choy, bell pepper, garlic, and ginger.
6. Easy Slow Cooker Chicken White wine, shallots, and garlic butter sauce infused into this savory main course.
7. Cauliflower "Mac and Cheese"
Cauliflower baked with parmesan cheese and mustard sauce.
8. Slow-Cook French Onion Soup
A traditional onion soup with shredded Gruyere cheese and whole wheat croutons.
9. Flourless Chocolate Cake A decadent, guilt free chocolate cake.
10. America's Favorite Pork Chops Pork chops simply marinated in Italian dressing.
11. Cheddar and Sausage Quiche Baked egg pie with sausage and cheddar cheese.
12. Yankee Pot Roast and Vegetables A tasty, old-fashioned stew for the slow cooker.
13. Butter Cream Frosting A delectable vanilla icing, great for cakes or cupcakes!
14. Mexican Eight Layer Dip
A creamy, cheesy, spicy, and crunchy dip.
15. Oven Baked Parmesan Zucchini
A healthier alternative to deep fried zucchini.
16. Chicken Deana
Chicken sauteed with onions and mushrooms.
17. 12-Layer Salad
A beautiful layered vegetable salad topped with garlic dressing.
18. Low Carb Chili A delicious chili with a hint of cinnamon.
19. Turkey Sausage Patties Herb and hot pepper spiced breakfast patties.
20. Artichoke Frittata A light and fluffy egg and artichoke pie.
21. Impossible Berry Pie A delicious, low carb fruit custard pie without the crust!
22. Flourless Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cookies A traditional favorite baked without flour.
23. Creamy Cauliflower and Garlic Soup
A low carb, comfort soup that can be made with almost any vegetable.
24. Leek and Chard Bisque A creamy soup garnished with hard boiled eggs.
25. 5-Seeded Pork Roast Slow-cooked pork roast with a crust of five different seeds.
Baked Skillet Bread Seafood in a Tomato Stew Dark Rum Glazed Pineapple Chunks Nechama Cohen's -Kosher Cooking Chicken Soup Russian Cabbage Soup Spicy Crab Dip Hot and Sour Soup Moroccan-Style Chicken Stew BBQ Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp with Basil Stuffing Grilled Lamb Chops on Minted Tomatoes
Many people say that depression is a side effect or complication of diabetes. Without discounting the association of the psychological condition with the physical one, I'm not convinced that our high and/or unstable glucose levels are directly responsible for that change in our mental state. My belief is that the unrelenting need for self-care, for following the sort of care schedules that can drive licensed, professional caregivers crazy, is what overwhelms us...