dLife's Best Recipes of 2011
1. Granola Bars with the Works
The chewy goodness of oats, coconut, pecans, peanut butter, and more!
2. Sugar-Free Cheesecake
A rich and creamy treat — without the sugar!
3. All American Fried Chicken
Boneless chicken breast coated in pecans and lightly fried.
4. Slow Cooked Beef and Barley Soup A hearty, healthy version of the classic.
5. 5-Spice Chicken Noodle Soup An Asian inspired chicken soup with green onions, bok choy, bell pepper, garlic, and ginger.
6. Easy Slow Cooker Chicken White wine, shallots, and garlic butter sauce infused into this savory main course.
7. Cauliflower "Mac and Cheese"
Cauliflower baked with parmesan cheese and mustard sauce.
8. Slow-Cook French Onion Soup
A traditional onion soup with shredded Gruyere cheese and whole wheat croutons.
9. Flourless Chocolate Cake A decadent, guilt free chocolate cake.
10. America's Favorite Pork Chops Pork chops simply marinated in Italian dressing.
11. Cheddar and Sausage Quiche Baked egg pie with sausage and cheddar cheese.
12. Yankee Pot Roast and Vegetables A tasty, old-fashioned stew for the slow cooker.
13. Butter Cream Frosting A delectable vanilla icing, great for cakes or cupcakes!
14. Mexican Eight Layer Dip
A creamy, cheesy, spicy, and crunchy dip.
15. Oven Baked Parmesan Zucchini
A healthier alternative to deep fried zucchini.
16. Chicken Deana
Chicken sauteed with onions and mushrooms.
17. 12-Layer Salad
A beautiful layered vegetable salad topped with garlic dressing.
18. Low Carb Chili A delicious chili with a hint of cinnamon.
19. Turkey Sausage Patties Herb and hot pepper spiced breakfast patties.
20. Artichoke Frittata A light and fluffy egg and artichoke pie.
21. Impossible Berry Pie A delicious, low carb fruit custard pie without the crust!
22. Flourless Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cookies A traditional favorite baked without flour.
23. Creamy Cauliflower and Garlic Soup
A low carb, comfort soup that can be made with almost any vegetable.
24. Leek and Chard Bisque A creamy soup garnished with hard boiled eggs.
25. 5-Seeded Pork Roast Slow-cooked pork roast with a crust of five different seeds.
Salad Greens with Grapes, Pecans, and Blue Cheese Holiday Spinach Ginger Pears Cabbage and Potatoes Lemon Dill Carrots with Walnuts Green Rice New York Strips with Orange and Oregano Spinach Florentine Italiano Low-Fat Mayonnaise Spicy Turkey Sausages
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...