dLife's Best Recipes of 2011
1. Granola Bars with the Works
The chewy goodness of oats, coconut, pecans, peanut butter, and more!
2. Sugar-Free Cheesecake
A rich and creamy treat — without the sugar!
3. All American Fried Chicken
Boneless chicken breast coated in pecans and lightly fried.
4. Slow Cooked Beef and Barley Soup A hearty, healthy version of the classic.
5. 5-Spice Chicken Noodle Soup An Asian inspired chicken soup with green onions, bok choy, bell pepper, garlic, and ginger.
6. Easy Slow Cooker Chicken White wine, shallots, and garlic butter sauce infused into this savory main course.
7. Cauliflower "Mac and Cheese"
Cauliflower baked with parmesan cheese and mustard sauce.
8. Slow-Cook French Onion Soup
A traditional onion soup with shredded Gruyere cheese and whole wheat croutons.
9. Flourless Chocolate Cake A decadent, guilt free chocolate cake.
10. America's Favorite Pork Chops Pork chops simply marinated in Italian dressing.
11. Cheddar and Sausage Quiche Baked egg pie with sausage and cheddar cheese.
12. Yankee Pot Roast and Vegetables A tasty, old-fashioned stew for the slow cooker.
13. Butter Cream Frosting A delectable vanilla icing, great for cakes or cupcakes!
14. Mexican Eight Layer Dip
A creamy, cheesy, spicy, and crunchy dip.
15. Oven Baked Parmesan Zucchini
A healthier alternative to deep fried zucchini.
16. Chicken Deana
Chicken sauteed with onions and mushrooms.
17. 12-Layer Salad
A beautiful layered vegetable salad topped with garlic dressing.
18. Low Carb Chili A delicious chili with a hint of cinnamon.
19. Turkey Sausage Patties Herb and hot pepper spiced breakfast patties.
20. Artichoke Frittata A light and fluffy egg and artichoke pie.
21. Impossible Berry Pie A delicious, low carb fruit custard pie without the crust!
22. Flourless Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cookies A traditional favorite baked without flour.
23. Creamy Cauliflower and Garlic Soup
A low carb, comfort soup that can be made with almost any vegetable.
24. Leek and Chard Bisque A creamy soup garnished with hard boiled eggs.
25. 5-Seeded Pork Roast Slow-cooked pork roast with a crust of five different seeds.
Chicken Paillard Sweet Potato and Beef Barley Soup Mango Surprise Salad Nicoise Flank Steak with Horseradish Cream Oriental Ginger Pork Hors D'Oeuvre Roasted Garlic Lemon Chicken Mistletoe Mashed Potatoes Citrus Soda Orange-Marmalade Sirloin Chops
I have a friend, M, who has diabetes and never, ever tests her bloodsugar before she gets behind the wheel. This has always worried me about her. On Wednesday, she had a bad accident after passing out behind the wheel. She hit another car head on. I thank the universe that no one was killed, but she and the driver of the other vehicle were both badly injured. She's got a long healing road ahead of her, as does the woman she hit. I was talking about the...