Tasty "Fried" Chicken
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Size: 1 chicken breast
1½ cups cornflake crumbs
½ teaspoon dried thyme
½ teaspoon garlic salt
½ teaspoon onion salt
2 egg whites
1 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
4 4-ounce, boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a shallow baking pan with cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, combine cornflake crumbs, thyme, garlic salt and onion salt.
3. In a separate bowl lightly beat egg and egg whites. Add hot pepper sauce and mix well.
4. Place flour in a separate.
5. Dip each side of chicken breast in the flour, then egg mixture, then in cornflake mixture.
6. Place chicken breasts in baking pan. Spray chicken lightly with cooking spray and bake 30-35 minutes, until juices run clear.
Nutrition Information: 256 Calories, 4g Total Fat, 1g Saturated Fat, 108mg Cholesterol, 596mg Sodium, 24g Total Carbohydrate, 1g Dietary Fiber, 3g Sugars, 30g Protein.
Copyright © American Diabetes Association from Healthy Calendar Diabetic Cooking. Reprinted with permission from The American Diabetes Association. To order this book, please call 1-800-232-6733 or order online at http://store.diabetes.org/.
NOTE: The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional or for professional medical advice related to diabetes or another medical condition. Please contact your physician or medical professional with any questions and concerns about your medical condition.
Grilled Tomatoes on Soda Bread Baked Ling Cod Scottish Oat Scones Cinco de Mayo Avocado Salsa Cream Cheese and Sun-Dried Tomato Wraps Stuffed Grape Leaves Deviled Steak Spice-Rubbed Pork Chops Mediterranean Srambled Eggs Angelic Deviled Eggs
Let me count the ways. Actually I can’t count the ways; there are too many. But let me begin with nasty carbohydrates and how they torture me. I’m considering making “How Do I Hate Thee?” a series of blog posts, exploring the many different things I despise about diabetes. There is so much to hate about diabetes, but this one I place high on my list. Last Wednesday, a friend offered me and...