Tasty "Fried" Chicken
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Size: 1 chicken breast
1½ cups cornflake crumbs
½ teaspoon dried thyme
½ teaspoon garlic salt
½ teaspoon onion salt
2 egg whites
1 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
4 4-ounce, boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a shallow baking pan with cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, combine cornflake crumbs, thyme, garlic salt and onion salt.
3. In a separate bowl lightly beat egg and egg whites. Add hot pepper sauce and mix well.
4. Place flour in a separate.
5. Dip each side of chicken breast in the flour, then egg mixture, then in cornflake mixture.
6. Place chicken breasts in baking pan. Spray chicken lightly with cooking spray and bake 30-35 minutes, until juices run clear.
Nutrition Information: 256 Calories, 4g Total Fat, 1g Saturated Fat, 108mg Cholesterol, 596mg Sodium, 24g Total Carbohydrate, 1g Dietary Fiber, 3g Sugars, 30g Protein.
Copyright © American Diabetes Association from Healthy Calendar Diabetic Cooking. Reprinted with permission from The American Diabetes Association. To order this book, please call 1-800-232-6733 or order online at http://store.diabetes.org/.
NOTE: The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional or for professional medical advice related to diabetes or another medical condition. Please contact your physician or medical professional with any questions and concerns about your medical condition.
Steak with Sour Cream Potatoes Fat-Free Toasted Tortilla Chips Asparagus Squares Asparagus Casserole Sliced Mushroom Pinwheels Berry Cheesecake German Potato Salad Sesame String Beans Honey Baked Pecan Peaches Harvest Stir-Fry
I recently read a very interesting article on the state of precision medicine in the treatment of cancer in Popular Science magazine. Precision medicine, also called "individualized medicine", uses several types of genetic markers for known medical...