Tasty "Fried" Chicken
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Size: 1 chicken breast
1½ cups cornflake crumbs
½ teaspoon dried thyme
½ teaspoon garlic salt
½ teaspoon onion salt
2 egg whites
1 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
4 4-ounce, boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a shallow baking pan with cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, combine cornflake crumbs, thyme, garlic salt and onion salt.
3. In a separate bowl lightly beat egg and egg whites. Add hot pepper sauce and mix well.
4. Place flour in a separate.
5. Dip each side of chicken breast in the flour, then egg mixture, then in cornflake mixture.
6. Place chicken breasts in baking pan. Spray chicken lightly with cooking spray and bake 30-35 minutes, until juices run clear.
Nutrition Information: 256 Calories, 4g Total Fat, 1g Saturated Fat, 108mg Cholesterol, 596mg Sodium, 24g Total Carbohydrate, 1g Dietary Fiber, 3g Sugars, 30g Protein.
Copyright © American Diabetes Association from Healthy Calendar Diabetic Cooking. Reprinted with permission from The American Diabetes Association. To order this book, please call 1-800-232-6733 or order online at http://store.diabetes.org/.
NOTE: The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional or for professional medical advice related to diabetes or another medical condition. Please contact your physician or medical professional with any questions and concerns about your medical condition.
Bacon Wrapped Steak Crab Cakes Canton Broccoli Terrine Eggplant Souffle Zucchini Cornbread Tomato & Onion Salad Low Carb, Low Fat Charayonnaise Low Carb Fruit-Lime Smoothie Chicken Club Salad White Bean Salad with Asparagus
An update on NightScout. When we last left, I was so frustrated with it that I was about ready to march right up to that cloud (if I could find the right one) and give someone or something a piece of my mind. Now … I wanna marry it! And all it took was a $3.50 cable. The streaming connection to Charlie’s Dexcom has been nearly flawless since receiving our new cable in the mail and I...