|Food||Highs & Lows||In the News||Insulin & Pumps|
|Men's Issues||Real Life||Relationships||Type 1|
|Type 2||Women's Issues||Oral Meds||Technology|
Getting to Know You
One of my favorite bloggers, Bigfoot (link: bigfootchildhavediabetes.com), posted this from DSMA who suggests we get to know members of the DOC better! Funny thing, I think if you read my blog you probably know maybe a little more than you want to know already.
48 Questions: Getting to Know Katy
DSMA suggested the DOC get to know each other better by answering these 48 questions.
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
I do. Those nuns from grade school taught me to write pretty.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Don't really have a favorite.
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
I dunno? Maybe?
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
I don't eat cereal in general.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
Some of them, yes. Depends on the shoes/boots.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
Most of the time, though I'm a Cancer Sign which would mean I've got that hard exterior, squishy inside going on. I liked Bigfoot's answer: I think I'm medium.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Mint Chocolate Chip
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Whatever it is I feel coming off of them - essence, I guess?
15. RED OR PINK?
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
I can be overly sensitive. I have a tendency to internalize and take things personally.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
I miss a lot of people who've left my life. My grandparents top the list, my friend Gert, my friend Brian.
18. WHAT IS THE TECHNIQUE THAT YOU NEED TO WORK ON THE MOST?
Getting the trash out without making a mess. Also exercising without crashing or soaring bloodsugar.
19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Black with a brown stitching.
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
Hot cocoa last night.
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
The white noise of the space heater.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Lilies, oranges, racing fuel, welding smoke, thread, cookies baking.
24. HOW IMPORTANT ARE YOUR POLITICAL VIEWS TO YOU?
25. MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE?
Why would you make me choose? Cruel. I guess the beach.
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
Gymnastics. I also like to listen to (but not watch) baseball.
27. HAIR COLOR?
28. EYE COLOR?
Bluish, greenish, grayish.
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
Yes, but not everyday.
30. FAVORITE FOOD?
I don't really have a favorite, though I'm loving Brussel Sprouts these days - and beets.
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
Thinner. In an effort to watch all the Stephen King movies available OnDemand. I have finally succeeded.
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
It's a floral arty print, mostly red with green and purple and black.
34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
35. FAVORITE DESSERT?
Chocolate Mousse Cup.
36. STRENGTH TRAINING OR CARDIO?
Little of both is best for me.
37. COMPUTER OR TELEVISION?
Depends what's going on.
38. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
I just re-started Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked This Way Comes.
39. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
My dad and my papa.
40. FAVORITE SOUND?
Thunderstorm or ocean OR BOTH AT ONCE (I'm keeping this answer), I also like the sounds of my nephews laughing all at once.
41. FAVORITE GENRE OF MUSIC?
Um, no real favorite - I love most of it.
42. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
43. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
Lots of em'.
44. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
45. WHERE ARE YOU LIVING NOW?
46. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR HOUSE?
47. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR CAR?
48. DO YOU LIKE ANSWERING 48 QUESTIONS?
Megan was diagnosed in 2009 with Type I. As an RN, she was familiar with the medical side of her diagnosis; learning to be a good patient on the other hand, was and continues to be the challenge of her day to day life. (Read More)