Highlights: A new documentary explores the challenges of being a parent of a child with diabetes; Chef Michel Nischan gives a fresh Asian twist to a healthy dish; Jim Turner asks people living with diabetes if they hate the disease; dLife answers a question from the dLife mailbag about post-prandial numbers.
dLifeTV.com Web Extras
- Get more information on the Patient 13 documentary.
- Learn more about children with diabetes.
- Get the recipe for Lemon Ginger Salmon..
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Strawberry-Apple Freezer Jam Oriental Shrimp Sesame Salmon Sweet and Tangy Lentil Soup Broccoli and Almond Soup Steamed Sea Bass with Mixed Vegetables Vegetarian Chili Cinnamon Sweet Waldorf Salad Pot Pie Stew Frozen Café Latte
Many people say that depression is a side effect or complication of diabetes. Without discounting the association of the psychological condition with the physical one, I'm not convinced that our high and/or unstable glucose levels are directly responsible for that change in our mental state. My belief is that the unrelenting need for self-care, for following the sort of care schedules that can drive licensed, professional caregivers crazy, is what overwhelms us...