Highlights: dLife goes to Iowa where two brothers share diabetes, but disagree on how to manage it; Chef Michel Nischan shows how to make a delicious, whole chicken in the slow cooker; What's in your diabetes back up kit? Jim Turner finds out; Dr. Nat Strand gives helpful tips to help ease medication side effects.
dLifeTV.com Web Extras
- Learn more about diabetes complications.
- Get the recipe for Easy Slow Cooker Chicken.
- Find out about drug side effects.
- Is your emergency kit prepared?
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers Baked Apple Frittata Herbed Peas with Mushrooms Turkey Spinach Salad with Rasperry Dressing Gingered Caramel Dip with Fresh Fruit Herbed Low-Fat Butter Classic Raisin Cake Artichokes with Dill Dip Skillet-Roasted Chicken Peach-Mustard Glazed Pork Chops
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...