Highlights: dLife goes to Iowa where two brothers share diabetes, but disagree on how to manage it; Chef Michel Nischan shows how to make a delicious, whole chicken in the slow cooker; What's in your diabetes back up kit? Jim Turner finds out; Dr. Nat Strand gives helpful tips to help ease medication side effects.
dLifeTV.com Web Extras
- Learn more about diabetes complications.
- Get the recipe for Easy Slow Cooker Chicken.
- Find out about drug side effects.
- Is your emergency kit prepared?
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Coconut Chicken Caribe Satisfying Low-in-Everything Chicken Spicy Mushrooms Chopped Eggs and Onions Fruity Soy Shake Sunburst Chicken Salad BLT Macaroni Salad Zesty Grilled Chicken Poblano Chili Sauce Latin Swordfish Brochettes with Peanut Salsa
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...