Family & Diabetes
Highlights: dLife visits a Native American family that has been hit hard with diabetes; Chef Michel Nischan shows us how to make a delicious, whole chicken in the slow cooker. dLife investigates how some children have paid the ultimate price for their parents' religious views.
dLifeTV.com Web Extras
- Get the facts about diabetes in the Native American community.
- Learn more about type 2 diabetes.
- Learn more about Children's Healthcare is a Legal Duty, Inc.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Mac 'n' Cheese with Chili Italian Style Tomato Frittata Grilled Tuna with Herbed Mayonnaise Eggplant Zucchini Parmigiana Chinese Tofu and Lettuce Soup Curried Chicken Salad Polenta with Assorted Dried Fruits Indonesian Tofu Satay Wasabi Guacamole Citrus Raspberry Tartlets
It’s sometimes hard to keep track of all the misconceptions and myths surrounding type 1 diabetes. I’m here to set the record straight on some of the myths as it relates to Christmas. Diabetes Christmas Myth #1 – Santa Claus only delivers toys to children with type 1 diabetes if their blood sugar is between 80 and 120. True. Diabetes Christmas Myth #2 – Before Prancer was selected as one of Santa’s reindeer, there was a reindeer named...