Diabetes-Friendly Wedding Day
Highlights: Nat Strand takes us through planning a diabetes-friendly wedding; Chef Michel Nischan cooks up a hearty, spicy casserole with a potato crust; Jim Turner finds out what people would do if they didn't have diabetes for 24 hours; Lynn Prowitt returns to Palmer's Market to teach us how to fill our carts with diabetes-friendly foods.
dLifeTV.com Web Extras
- Get a week's worth of low carb lunches.
- Read about Viewpoints columnist Kerri Sparling's big, healthy diabetes wedding.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Melted Blue Cheese and Pear Sandwich Slow-Cooked Italian Wedding Soup Southwestern Tortellini Salad Vegetable Citrus Salad Ham Pasta Salad Okra and Pepper Stir Fry Low-Carb Old-Fashioned Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Indian BBQ Chicken Holly Red & Green Salad Coconut Muffins
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...