Newly Diagnosed Stories and Inspiration
Highlights: Meet Charlie O'Connell, a person with type 1 who has devoted his life to helping others achieve their fitness goals; Chef Michel Nischan serves up a tasty alternative to white semolina flour that lets you have your noodles and eat them, too, without spiking that sugar count; Jim Turner stars in his very own Jim Turner's Diabetes Theatre; Joy Pape RN, CDE answers your diabetes questions from the dLife mail.
dLifeTV.com Web Extras
- Setting goals and sticking to them.
- Find famous actors and actresses with diabetes.
- Learn how to use the Glycemic Index.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Curry Chicken Salad Moroccan-Style Spiced Chicken Cabbage Salad with Mango in a Creamy Thai Dressing Nectarine Mousse Grilled T-Bone Steaks with BBQ Rub Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles Quick and Easy Chicken Breasts in Wine Ham & Green Chile Mini Quiches Cherry Brownies Mini Cheesecakes
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...