Supermarket Savvy: Shopping for Grains
Highlights: Joy Pape RN, CDE answers your diabetes questions from the dLife mail; Chef Michel Nischan shares a great recipe for traditional beet soup; Lynn Prowitt explores shopping for grains with diabetes; Jim Turner interviews entrepreneur Vietnam Veteran Urban Miyares.
dLifeTV.com Web Extras
- Easy and delicious ways to incorporate nutrient-rich whole grains into your diet.
- Get the recipe from this episode.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Mesclun Salad with Roasted Tofu Rosemary New Potatoes Honeydew Smoothie Tasty Tuna-Stuffed Tomatoes Creole Sauce Sautéed Peppers and Onions Individual Peach Tarts Grilled Tuna with Tapenade and Lemon Cheesy Zucchini Dip Holiday Warm Punch
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...