Supermarket Savvy: Shopping for Grains
Highlights: Joy Pape RN, CDE answers your diabetes questions from the dLife mail; Chef Michel Nischan shares a great recipe for traditional beet soup; Lynn Prowitt explores shopping for grains with diabetes; Jim Turner interviews entrepreneur Vietnam Veteran Urban Miyares.
dLifeTV.com Web Extras
- Easy and delicious ways to incorporate nutrient-rich whole grains into your diet.
- Get the recipe from this episode.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
"Imitation" S'chug for Beginners Rich Avocado Spread Chicken and Rice Salad Chicken and Berry Salad Herbed Chicken Piccata Fresh Spinach and Strawberry Salad Italian Broccoli Rabe Chicken and Vegetable Stew Tomato and "Meat" Sauce Caper and Tomato Cod
Holidays are tricky, no? Between managing diabetes among massive amounts of junk food, managing stress to manage bloodsugar among (sometimes) massive amounts of family squabbling, shopping stress and the like, and trying to get enough sleep and exercise in the cold winter months - it's a lot to handle. So I've got a two tier plan to keep bloodsugars at bay this year. Tier one - diet and exercise. Typically, at this time of year I do what I call the nutrition and gym...