Best of Past dLifeTV Athlete Segments
Highlights: Toby Petersen of the Dallas Stars, shares his story on controlling his diabetes on and off the ice; Adam Morrison talks about diabetes, basketball and being #1 on dLife Awards; A day in the diabetes life of NFL Pittsburgh Steeler Kendall Simmons; dLife profiles MLB pro pitcher Brandon Morrow.
dLifeTV.com Web Extras
- See more famous athletes who have diabetes.
- Learn how to eat at the ball park while maintaining good blood sugar control.
- Read Dr. Sheri Colberg's columns on exercise and fitness.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
One in Ten AMI Patients Have Unrecognized Incident Diabetes
Two New LDL Cholesterol Drugs May Have Big Impact on Heart Disease
COBA Conference Steers Forward in the Fight Against Childhood Obesity
Google Secures Patent for Glucose-Sensing Contact Lens
Medtronic to Use GlucoSitter Artificial Pancreas Software in Future Insulin Pumps - A Big Deal!
Couscous & Beef Salad Corn, Lima Bean, and Cucumber Succotash Garbanzo Salsa Maple Snack Cake Spaghetti Sauce with Red Peppers Indian Tandoori Chops Scrambled Eggs with Cheese Firecracker Barbecue Pork Crunchy Sugar Snap Pea Salad Ginger Chicken Kabobs
My diabetes is changing. Until a few years ago, my morning readings were reasonable and within the desired range of under 100 mg/dl. About two years ago, they started slipping upwards into the less-desirable but apparently not-worrisome range of 100-110 mg/dl. Now, this was what was recorded by my Abbott Freestyle Lite meter, which is known to record at the lower end of the home-glucometer variability range, but with my A1c firmly in the high 5s and low 6s, the meter's tendency to...