Nat Strand's Menu for a dFriendly Wedding
Highlights: Nat Strand returns to talk about food plans for her diabetes-friendly wedding; an Italian classic with a healthy twist; Jim Turner's Diabetes Theatre; and Delaine Wright flies high on the trapeze with type 1 diabetes.
dLifeTV.com Web Extras
- Download a printable .pdf version of the Skinnygirl cocktails discussed in this episode.
- Plenty of famous actors and acresses are living with diabetes — read more here.
- Learn about staying safe while drinking alcohol.
- View last week's episode to hear more about Nat Strand's wedding plans.
- Read about Viewpoints columnist Kerri Sparling's big, healthy diabetes wedding.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
One in Ten AMI Patients Have Unrecognized Incident Diabetes
Two New LDL Cholesterol Drugs May Have Big Impact on Heart Disease
COBA Conference Steers Forward in the Fight Against Childhood Obesity
Google Secures Patent for Glucose-Sensing Contact Lens
Medtronic to Use GlucoSitter Artificial Pancreas Software in Future Insulin Pumps - A Big Deal!
Grilled Pineapple Salsa Indian Chicken Salad Pita Clam and Spinach Linguini Cardamom-Pear Muffins Cardamom-Lemon Muffins African Fried Spinach Fresh Spinach Salad Chinese Pepper Steak Pineapple Salsa over Glazed Chicken Breasts Brown Rice Pilaf
My diabetes is changing. Until a few years ago, my morning readings were reasonable and within the desired range of under 100 mg/dl. About two years ago, they started slipping upwards into the less-desirable but apparently not-worrisome range of 100-110 mg/dl. Now, this was what was recorded by my Abbott Freestyle Lite meter, which is known to record at the lower end of the home-glucometer variability range, but with my A1c firmly in the high 5s and low 6s, the meter's tendency to...