Nat Strand's Menu for a dFriendly Wedding
Highlights: Nat Strand returns to talk about food plans for her diabetes-friendly wedding; an Italian classic with a healthy twist; Jim Turner's Diabetes Theatre; and Delaine Wright flies high on the trapeze with type 1 diabetes.
dLifeTV.com Web Extras
- Download a printable .pdf version of the Skinnygirl cocktails discussed in this episode.
- Plenty of famous actors and acresses are living with diabetes — read more here.
- Learn about staying safe while drinking alcohol.
- View last week's episode to hear more about Nat Strand's wedding plans.
- Read about Viewpoints columnist Kerri Sparling's big, healthy diabetes wedding.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Cold Salmon With Shrimp Honey Cornmeal Biscuits Indian Monkfish Pork Chops Italiano Skillet Fried Curried Pork with Apples and Carrots Mashed Turnips Wild Rice and Fruit Waldorf Salad Chocolately Chip Cookies Artichoke Ranch Squares Honey-Glazed Chicken Teriyaki
Charlie never attended a diabetes camp before, so the sight of 50 or so kids coming off of the ice and testing their blood sugar was pretty fascinating. He once went on a bowling outing with a boy with type 1 from school, but that was the extent of it. Nothing like this; kids popping glucose tabs left and right in the locker room; pricking fingers and alerting their assigned diabetes educators of the results; kids from Canada and Sweden and Alaska. It was a...