Diabetes at Work
Highlights: How to overcome diabetes hurdles in the workplace; Luke Branquinho talks about his life as a rodeo champ who also has diabetes; and, dLife’s Jim Turner gets personal about sex and diabetes (parental discretion advised).
Special Guests: Luke Branquinho
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about diabetes in the workplace.
- Get tips from dLife columnist Janis Roszler on telling others about your diabetes.
- Find out more about sexual dysfunction in men and women.
- Get updated on the work of the JDRF.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Spiced Lentil Soup with Parsley Cream Chilean Cilantro Sauce Mulled Cider Hanukkah Latkes Hearty Vegetable Bean Stew Sweet Pepper and Olive Pork Kasha and Brown Rice Rotini Chicken Pate Honey Cornmeal Biscuits Orange and Soy Marinade
In high school biology, we learned that another term for carbohydrates is "polysaccharides". These break down into "discaccharides", and further into "monosaccharides". These small-molecule carbohydrates are more commonly known as "sugars". Similarly, we learned that fats are (after a long process) broken down into monosaccharides, and parts of proteins are broken down into these as well. We learned about three common disaccharides —...