Diabetes at Work
Highlights: How to overcome diabetes hurdles in the workplace; Luke Branquinho talks about his life as a rodeo champ who also has diabetes; and, dLife’s Jim Turner gets personal about sex and diabetes (parental discretion advised).
Special Guests: Luke Branquinho
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about diabetes in the workplace.
- Get tips from dLife columnist Janis Roszler on telling others about your diabetes.
- Find out more about sexual dysfunction in men and women.
- Get updated on the work of the JDRF.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Maple-Ginger Beans Cinnamon-Rubbed Pork Loin with Roasted Apples and Onions Cantaloupe and Yogurt Ice Pops Lemon Pie Peach Crumb Cake Raisin Cake Mexican Quesadillas Italian Turkey with Polenta Cream Cheese and Veggie Tortilla Bites Italian Style Ricotta Cookies
I was at boxing class the other day, and quite honestly I was taking my chances. I knew it. I had been low earlier in the day and used all of my emergency juice to treat that insulin reaction, leaving me at class (which is directly after work) with no juice whatsoever. No good. Of course, that day - the day I have no juice would be the exact day that diabetes picks to do its dirty work. Mid-class, I had a plummet. Just dropped to very low and but quick. I sat to test and...