Diabetes at Work
Highlights: How to overcome diabetes hurdles in the workplace; Luke Branquinho talks about his life as a rodeo champ who also has diabetes; and, dLife’s Jim Turner gets personal about sex and diabetes (parental discretion advised).
Special Guests: Luke Branquinho
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about diabetes in the workplace.
- Get tips from dLife columnist Janis Roszler on telling others about your diabetes.
- Find out more about sexual dysfunction in men and women.
- Get updated on the work of the JDRF.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
One in Ten AMI Patients Have Unrecognized Incident Diabetes
Two New LDL Cholesterol Drugs May Have Big Impact on Heart Disease
COBA Conference Steers Forward in the Fight Against Childhood Obesity
Google Secures Patent for Glucose-Sensing Contact Lens
Medtronic to Use GlucoSitter Artificial Pancreas Software in Future Insulin Pumps - A Big Deal!
Lemon Baked Shrimp Fifteen-Minute Chili Balsamic Pork Chops Peanut-Butter Cookies Crunchy Fennel Salad Zesty Pork Fajitas Banana Yogurt Pancakes Fettuccine Pasta with Black Bean Sauce Cabbage Salad Grilled Steak with Caper Sauce
This past weekend was a whole lot of diabetes weird. I've finally gotten into a good rhythm with my Lantus rate - settling in with a 70-30 nighttime-morning split of the total dose. My bolus dosing seems to be pretty much on the money too. I'm avoiding huge swings... Though lows are creeping up more often, I think because summer traditionally is a lower basal rate time, owing to warmer weather, increased activity and sweat, as we get closer to the warmer days I just need less insulin in the...