Diabetes at Work
Highlights: How to overcome diabetes hurdles in the workplace; Luke Branquinho talks about his life as a rodeo champ who also has diabetes; and, dLife’s Jim Turner gets personal about sex and diabetes (parental discretion advised).
Special Guests: Luke Branquinho
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Learn more about diabetes in the workplace.
- Get tips from dLife columnist Janis Roszler on telling others about your diabetes.
- Find out more about sexual dysfunction in men and women.
- Get updated on the work of the JDRF.
- Watch video from this show.
- Meet the hosts.
- Read the transcript from this show.
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Visit the dLife Wall.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Blueberry Oat Bran Muffins Thick Mushroom Soup Grilled Red Onion and Tomato Salad Green Pea Salad Chinese Soup Salad Greens with Grapes, Pecans, and Blue Cheese Quiche in Pepper Cups Mustard Green Beans and Cherry Tomatoes Banana, Raspberry, and Cottage Cheese Split Noodles, Peas, & Ham
So.... I had a real bad low bloodsugar the other night. The kind of low bloodsugar that might have required an ambulance call had I not relented, finally and after much go around, to taking the treatment that was being offered to me. Ambulances make noise. They make lights. They make attention at 2:30 in the morning. Which brought up a discussion about disclosure. "Do your neighbors know you're a diabetic?" "No, I've only been here a couple of weeks and...