Highlights: A visit to the examining room of world-renowned physician Dr. David Nathan. Plus, gastroparesis – could you have it? And who do you tell, and not tell, about your diabetes?
Special Guests: Dr. David Nathan; Dr. John deCsepel
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Read Janis Roszler's column 'To Tell or Not to Tell?'
- Find out more information on gastroparesis
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Learn the truth about diabetes myths.
- Hear more from Dr. John deCsepel on dLife Podcasts
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Join the dLife Community.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Forum.
Diabetes Friendly Pancakes Lemon and Garlic Shrimp Kabobs Lime Bulgur Baked Fennel and Gorgonzola Light Homemade Guacamole Homestyle Turkey Gravy Vegetable Quinoa Bake Vegetable Citrus Salad Four-Flavor Sour Cream Pound Cake Lemonade Pops
My mother has always been a worrier. My whole life growing up, I would think twice before saying anything that might erupt into questions that expressed ambivalence, potentially stealing my joy. My brother and I have about 9 years between us, so we essentially grew up as two "only" children and I therefore didn't witness all the interactions he had with her while I was in college or after I moved away. But he, I know, would concur that our mother was a worrier. If it had the potential for...