Highlights: A visit to the examining room of world-renowned physician Dr. David Nathan. Plus, gastroparesis – could you have it? And who do you tell, and not tell, about your diabetes?
Special Guests: Dr. David Nathan; Dr. John deCsepel
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Read Janis Roszler's column 'To Tell or Not to Tell?'
- Find out more information on gastroparesis
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Learn the truth about diabetes myths.
- Hear more from Dr. John deCsepel on dLife Podcasts
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Join the dLife Community.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Forum.
Pita Pizzas Speedy Pita Pocket Serrano Tomato Sauce Chicken and Rice Burritos Italian Onion Bread Blueberry Pound Cake Cream of Yam and Carrot Soup Fresh Asparagus Soup Indian Pudding Dilled Pasta Salad
Because I wear my Dexcom on my arm, I’ve slowly adjusted to the fact that people will ask me about it. Sometimes it’s the rude and inquisitive “What’s that?” and sometimes it’s somewhat sincere curiosity “Is that a (insert random type of medical device that they assume)?” Sometimes it bothers me more than others depending on how they ask and how they respond once I’ve told them what it is. I have limits to how much myth-busting I want to do in everyday conversation and how much rudeness I can...