Highlights: A visit to the examining room of world-renowned physician Dr. David Nathan. Plus, gastroparesis – could you have it? And who do you tell, and not tell, about your diabetes?
Special Guests: Dr. David Nathan; Dr. John deCsepel
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Read Janis Roszler's column 'To Tell or Not to Tell?'
- Find out more information on gastroparesis
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Learn the truth about diabetes myths.
- Hear more from Dr. John deCsepel on dLife Podcasts
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Join the dLife Community.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Forum.
Minty Leprechaun/Mistletoe Cookies Moroccan Cooked Carrot Salad Sweet and Sour Turnip Green Salad Bacon Cheddar Pinwheels Chicken, Ham and Vegetable Stew Cranberry-Jalapeno Chutnety Yellow Squash Saute Grilled Sirloin with Caper Mustard Sauce Mediterranean Cabbage Casserole Almond Macaroons
Ten years ago, I sat in my Primary Care Physician's office. I had just been weighed and measured. A nurse had just taken my vitals and my blood pressure had come in a bit higher than usual, which was no wonder because I sat there a nervous wreck. In the year since my last physical, I'd gained another fourteen pounds. I was the heaviest I'd ever been, the scale clocking me in at 228 at 5'3" tall. I honestly couldn't believe it. I knew that I hadn't gotten my eating habits under control in...