Highlights: A visit to the examining room of world-renowned physician Dr. David Nathan. Plus, gastroparesis – could you have it? And who do you tell, and not tell, about your diabetes?
Special Guests: Dr. David Nathan; Dr. John deCsepel
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Read Janis Roszler's column 'To Tell or Not to Tell?'
- Find out more information on gastroparesis
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Learn the truth about diabetes myths.
- Hear more from Dr. John deCsepel on dLife Podcasts
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Join the dLife Community.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Forum.
Fettuccine in a Broccoli Pesto Sauce Steamed Dill Carrots Spicy Hummus Sautéed Peppers and Onions Mixed Mushroom Solyanka Mexican Style Beef and Rice Low-fat Pineapple Upside-Down Cake Barbecue-Cranberry Dip Creamy Banana Topping Blueberry Lemon Sauce
Tsimmes is a simple, tangy-sweet stew made of beef, carrots, potatoes, honey, and prunes. Like most stews, it's carb-heavy, tasty, and filling. Making a tsimmes is a colloquial Yinglish (Yiddlish?) expression meaning "making a big deal out of nothing". While the similar expression "making a moutain out of a molehill" suggests exaggerating a difficulty, "making a tsimmes" has no "negative" baggage associated with it, just...