Highlights: A visit to the examining room of world-renowned physician Dr. David Nathan. Plus, gastroparesis – could you have it? And who do you tell, and not tell, about your diabetes?
Special Guests: Dr. David Nathan; Dr. John deCsepel
dLifeTV Web Extras:
- Read Janis Roszler's column 'To Tell or Not to Tell?'
- Find out more information on gastroparesis
- Watch video clips from this show.
- Learn the truth about diabetes myths.
- Hear more from Dr. John deCsepel on dLife Podcasts
- Read the transcript from this show. (PDF)
- Buy this show on VHS or DVD.
- Meet the hosts.
- Join the dLife Community.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Forum.
Bacon and Cheese Turnovers Chocolate Cherry Cookies Hot Hot Hot Chicken Tostadas and Beans Spicy Shrimp Diablo Broccoli With Sesame Seeds Roast Pork with Apricot Prune Stuffing Corny Fiesta Dip French Vegetarian Bean Stew Halibut with Charmoula Classic Tomato Sauce
Tsimmes is a simple, tangy-sweet stew made of beef, carrots, potatoes, honey, and prunes. Like most stews, it's carb-heavy, tasty, and filling. Making a tsimmes is a colloquial Yinglish (Yiddlish?) expression meaning "making a big deal out of nothing". While the similar expression "making a moutain out of a molehill" suggests exaggerating a difficulty, "making a tsimmes" has no "negative" baggage associated with it, just...