Going to the Chapel
Highlights: Nat Strand takes us through planning a diabetes-friendly wedding; Chef Michel Nischan cooks up a hearty, spicy casserole with a potato crust; Jim Turner finds out what some people would do if they didn't have diabetes for 24 hours; Lynn Prowitt returns to Palmers Market to teach us how to fill our carts with diabetes-friendly foods.
dLifeTV.com Web Extras
- Check out these eggs-quisite breakfast ideas.
- Get a week's worth of low carb lunches.
- Take advantage of this one-week meal plan that incorporates diabetes superfoods.
- Learn how to use the Glycemic Index.
- Read about Viewpoints columnist Kerri Sparling's big, healthy diabetes wedding.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Homemade Turkey Sausages Brazilian Pork Salad with Tangerine Vinaigrette Turkey with White Wine Grilled Mixed Vegetables dLife Peanut Butter and Chocolate Smoothie Far East Tabbouleh and Vegetables Lemon and Parsley Fish Fillets with Potatoes Tango Mango Tilapia Roasted Eggplant Salad Mango-Kiwi Salsa
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...