Ben on Dialysis
- Learn more about living with kidney disease.
- Go to the recipe from this episode: Winter Squash Soup.
- Decoding your lab report.
- Learn why dogs are becoming a life-saving resource for people with diabetes.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Brussels Sprouts with Mushroom Sauce Cool Gazpacho Thai-Style Steak Salad Sun-Dried Tomato Dip Chimichurri Steak Sauce Blueberry-Lemon Tart Karen's Fresh Pineapple Upside-Down Cake Lemon Vermicelli Sweet Onion, Tomato, and Cucumber Salad Spinach with Chili Oil
In high school biology, we learned that another term for carbohydrates is "polysaccharides". These break down into "discaccharides", and further into "monosaccharides". These small-molecule carbohydrates are more commonly known as "sugars". Similarly, we learned that fats are (after a long process) broken down into monosaccharides, and parts of proteins are broken down into these as well. We learned about three common disaccharides —...