dLifeTV Show 244
Highlights: Patti LaBelle shares how she got diabetes under control; Chef Michel Nischan shares tips on cooking with flour in the dLife kitchen; Jim Turner talks frankly about using the "diabetes card;" and Lynn Prowitt shares how best to shop the cereal aisle.
Special guest: Patti LaBelle
dLifeTV.com Web Extras:
- Read more about Patti LaBelle.
- Get the scoop on bountiful barley.
- Get the 101 on the glycemic index.
- Find out which cereals are best for you.
- Talk about diabetes with your partner.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Risotto with Peas and Cheese Black Cherry Baked Apples Baked Chicken with Vegetables Oat-Raisin Applesauce Cookies Potato Basil Soup Ranch Salad Spiced Turkey with Fruit Salsa Creamed Baby Spinach Chocolate Bars Lemon Pepper Chicken
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...