dLifeTV Show 244
Highlights: Patti LaBelle shares how she got diabetes under control; Chef Michel Nischan shares tips on cooking with flour in the dLife kitchen; Jim Turner talks frankly about using the "diabetes card;" and Lynn Prowitt shares how best to shop the cereal aisle.
Special guest: Patti LaBelle
dLifeTV.com Web Extras:
- Read more about Patti LaBelle.
- Get the scoop on bountiful barley.
- Get the 101 on the glycemic index.
- Find out which cereals are best for you.
- Talk about diabetes with your partner.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Italian Cauliflower Snapper with Celery and Almond Stuffing Apple-Cabbage Strudel Spinach Wrapped Grouper Peach Crumb Cake Venison Liverwurst Date Cookies Lentil and Vegetable Salad Beer Marinated Shrimp Watercress and Pistachios
This past weekend was my STAR TREK group's anniversary picnic. Our hostess was one of our chapter's newer members, though she's definitely a second-generation member (perhaps since birth!) of the larger organization. She's also dealing with a couple of agressive, quality-of-life-limiting autoimmune conditions, at least one of which has been somewhat mitigated by the effect of bariatric surgery. In the relaxed atmosphere of a group picnic, she was able to explain a bit more about...