Causes and Symptoms of Chronic Kidney Disease, continued
Symptoms of Chronic Kidney Disease
While many people don't realize they have chronic kidney disease until the later stages of the disease, there are some symptoms that can signal kidney disease.
- Tiredness, fatigue and weakness (due to poor elimination and/or anemia)
- Loss of appetite
- Being sick to your stomach
- A change in urination, especially at night
- Swollen legs, hands, feet or puffy eyes from retaining fluid
- Itching, bruising skin easily and pale skin
- Headaches, numb hands or feet, sleep easily disturbed, dizzy or altered mental states due to uremic toxins, restless leg syndrome
- High blood pressure and chest pain due to inflammation around the heart
- Shortness of breath caused by fluid in the lungs
- Bleeding with poor blood clotting
- Loss of libido and erectile dysfunction
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, ask your doctor to be screened for kidney disease.
Reprinted with permission by DaVita Inc. More on signs of kidney disease can be found at YourKidneys.com.
Garlic Cauliflower Classic Cobb Salad Wild Rice Souffle Black Bean Stew Tomato and Basil Pizza Tuna and Cottage Cheese Dip Prosciutto Wrapped Turkey Breast Applesauce Brownies Pecan Crusted Chicken Raspberry Cheese Spread
Ross and I’s wedding is just nine days away! I am excited, happy-nervous, and stressed all at the same time. Most of the planning is done. I am just wrapping up final details this week like picking up my dress from the alterations shop, printing favor cards, and other odds and ends. It has been a whirlwind, despite a long engagement. I really could not be happier with knowing that in 9 days I will be linked to my best friend and spending the rest of my life with the man of my dreams. ...