Having your blood pressure taken
• Don't drink coffee or smoke cigarettes 30 minutes before having your blood pressure measured.
• Before the test, sit for five minutes with your back supported and your feet flat on the ground. Rest your arm on a table at the level of your heart.
• Remove your coat and wear short sleeves so your arm is exposed.
• Go to the bathroom prior to the reading. A full bladder can change your blood pressure reading.
• Get two readings, taken at least two minutes apart, and average the results.
• Ask the doctor or nurse to tell you the blood pressure reading in numbers.
Adapted from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/
Fish Stock Banana Raspberry Smoothie Bacon and Pineapple Appetizers Fresh Banana Ice Cream With Coconut Southwestern Breakfast Tostadas Miso Scallops with Edamame Sauce Italian Roasted Vegetables Cranberry Mold With Maple Syrup Garlic Green Beans Ocean Spray® Freezer Berry Pops
When the Dexcom monitor flashed a warning that it was time to order a new transmitter, I figured I’d at least have a couple of weeks before it went kaput. So we numbed the back of Charlie’s arm for about 40 minutes, slapped the sensor on him and waited two hours for the warm-up period. And waited. And … waited. Unlike the signal spottiness we experienced occasionally when we were using the Medtronic CGM, the Dexcom...