Living with Kidney Disease
Can I Live a Normal Life with Kidney Disease?, continued
Six Steps You Can Take to Live a Richer Life
1. Empower yourself by being proactive about your health. Learn all you can about kidney disease and its treatment.
2. Follow a kidney-friendly diet. Be mindful of the fluids you're consuming if you are on a fluid restriction.
3. Find an activity or exercise program that works for you, so you can improve your stamina and boost your energy level.
4. Take your medications on schedule and according to directions. Note any side effects and alert your health care provider.
5. Don't forget to do the things you love to do. Visit with friends, go out to dinner and take regular vacations.
Stay positive. A good attitude is vital for a good life.
Reprinted with permission by DaVita, Inc. Learn more about kidney disease at DaVita.com.
Ham and Fruit Salad Chocolate Apricots Artichokes with Tofu Lemonnaise Avocado Pineapple Salsa Mashed Potatoes Teriyaki-Glazed Salmon with Peaches PB & J Banana Splits Chickpea Salad with Tahini Dressing Classic Asparagus with Toasted Almonds Sesame-Ginger Asparagus
I knew I had to be up early to teach and get a run in. I knew it. My body knew it, my brain knew it. I had turned in a bit earlier on Saturday night to be up and at em. In the dream, I was at an airport, with some colleagues and a friend. All of the computers kept going down. Something in me was saying "well, if the computers are down, no planes are going out" while something else screamed, "we've got to get our tickets and get on this plane - we can't miss it!" Airport...