Living with Kidney Disease
Can I Live a Normal Life with Kidney Disease?, continued
Six Steps You Can Take to Live a Richer Life
1. Empower yourself by being proactive about your health. Learn all you can about kidney disease and its treatment.
2. Follow a kidney-friendly diet. Be mindful of the fluids you're consuming if you are on a fluid restriction.
3. Find an activity or exercise program that works for you, so you can improve your stamina and boost your energy level.
4. Take your medications on schedule and according to directions. Note any side effects and alert your health care provider.
5. Don't forget to do the things you love to do. Visit with friends, go out to dinner and take regular vacations.
Stay positive. A good attitude is vital for a good life.
Reprinted with permission by DaVita, Inc. Learn more about kidney disease at DaVita.com.
Melted Blue Cheese and Pear Sandwich Sweet Potato Cornbread Garlic and Oil Pasta Fruit Smoothies Rutabaga and Orange Sweet Potato Puree Pineapple Orange Smoothy Gruyere, Arugula, and Prosciutto Stuffed Chicken Turkey Scaloppine with Peppers Skillet Spinach and Feta Egg Pie Crabmeat Quiche
As the thoughts of adoption cross my mind, I have a nagging on my heart that reminds me that I am not alone in this. Not alone in a positive way that I have the support of my husband and I'm building a great medical team to help me tackle any fertility challenges that come along. But not alone in that it's not just my emotions and desires that dictate how, when, or if I have children. Yesterday, I was chatting with a volunteer at work. He and his wife have a two year old and we...