Living with Kidney Disease
Can I Live a Normal Life with Kidney Disease?, continued
Six Steps You Can Take to Live a Richer Life
1. Empower yourself by being proactive about your health. Learn all you can about kidney disease and its treatment.
2. Follow a kidney-friendly diet. Be mindful of the fluids you're consuming if you are on a fluid restriction.
3. Find an activity or exercise program that works for you, so you can improve your stamina and boost your energy level.
4. Take your medications on schedule and according to directions. Note any side effects and alert your health care provider.
5. Don't forget to do the things you love to do. Visit with friends, go out to dinner and take regular vacations.
Stay positive. A good attitude is vital for a good life.
Reprinted with permission by DaVita, Inc. Learn more about kidney disease at DaVita.com.
There are very few conditions under which I will not ride my (road) bike. More than an inch of new snow, snow pack, and slush are the three major ones. That said, if the distance is short and familiar, and traffic is expected to be light, I'll take my chances. I was considerably less hesitant in my teens and twenties when I had two bicycles in my stable: a three-speed commuter and a 12-speed touring bike. My craziest experiences then were riding through what I later...