Living with Kidney Disease
Can I Live a Normal Life with Kidney Disease?, continued
Six Steps You Can Take to Live a Richer Life
1. Empower yourself by being proactive about your health. Learn all you can about kidney disease and its treatment.
2. Follow a kidney-friendly diet. Be mindful of the fluids you're consuming if you are on a fluid restriction.
3. Find an activity or exercise program that works for you, so you can improve your stamina and boost your energy level.
4. Take your medications on schedule and according to directions. Note any side effects and alert your health care provider.
5. Don't forget to do the things you love to do. Visit with friends, go out to dinner and take regular vacations.
Stay positive. A good attitude is vital for a good life.
Reprinted with permission by DaVita, Inc. Learn more about kidney disease at DaVita.com.
Asian Style Eggs Indian Chicken Salad Pita Cheddar and Sausage Quiche Latin Swordfish Brochettes with Peanut Salsa Curried Chickpea Canapés with Ginger/Carrot Butter Chili Cheese Burgers Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Golden Chicken Soup Low-fat Cream of Mushroom Soup Red Pepper and Cucumber Tea Sandwiches
During much of my time, there was no one else around when the kids and counselor were on the ice. It was desolate at times and I wouldn't see another soul for hours. Every day, however, I saw an elderly woman roaming the halls. She looked to be about 119 years old and she wore a faded navy jacket with the word "STAFF" on its back. On some days, she would take a seat near me, stare vacantly into space and playfully dangle her feet off the ground for about five...