Living with Kidney Disease
Can I Live a Normal Life with Kidney Disease?, continued
Six Steps You Can Take to Live a Richer Life
1. Empower yourself by being proactive about your health. Learn all you can about kidney disease and its treatment.
2. Follow a kidney-friendly diet. Be mindful of the fluids you're consuming if you are on a fluid restriction.
3. Find an activity or exercise program that works for you, so you can improve your stamina and boost your energy level.
4. Take your medications on schedule and according to directions. Note any side effects and alert your health care provider.
5. Don't forget to do the things you love to do. Visit with friends, go out to dinner and take regular vacations.
Stay positive. A good attitude is vital for a good life.
Reprinted with permission by DaVita, Inc. Learn more about kidney disease at DaVita.com.
Steak with Balsamic, Soy, and Worcestershire Sauce Hot Rice Pudding Lentil and Pasta Soup Spiced Yogurt Dip Black Bean Salad with Quinoa Mandarin Orange Chicken Salad (Gluten Free) Baked Sweet Potatoes with Yogurt-Rice Topping Cilantro and Lime Butter Thick Mushroom Soup Red Cabbage Curtido
Playing off of a #DSMA conversation and Kerri, one of my favorite bloggers at www.sixuntilme.com, I've concocted a job description for diabetes. Wanted Immediately! Extraordinarily patient individual with high pain tolerance, ability to multitask as if their life depends upon it, must be able to keep a stable job with solid health insurance (outside of the work described herein), able to stay up late and get up early, and undeterred by constant shifts in...