Living with Kidney Disease
Can I Live a Normal Life with Kidney Disease?, continued
Six Steps You Can Take to Live a Richer Life
1. Empower yourself by being proactive about your health. Learn all you can about kidney disease and its treatment.
2. Follow a kidney-friendly diet. Be mindful of the fluids you're consuming if you are on a fluid restriction.
3. Find an activity or exercise program that works for you, so you can improve your stamina and boost your energy level.
4. Take your medications on schedule and according to directions. Note any side effects and alert your health care provider.
5. Don't forget to do the things you love to do. Visit with friends, go out to dinner and take regular vacations.
Stay positive. A good attitude is vital for a good life.
Reprinted with permission by DaVita, Inc. Learn more about kidney disease at DaVita.com.
Zucchini in a Coconut Lime Sauce Sun-Dried Tomato/Parsley Pesto Buttered Baby Squash Honey Apple Muffins Pink Sangria Roasted Asparagus Iced Coffee Floats Stuffed Zucchini Boats Egg Drop Soup Bacon Breadsticks
So... About that swollen finger. Against my better judgement I skipped going to the doc for the swollen finger. It is my middle finger, by the way, on my right hand. After talking with a friend of mine, I decided to give a home regiment a try. I wasn't in *that* much pain and really, what could it hurt. I knew that if whatever I tried didn't work I'd end up at the doctor's office anyway. Just fitting in that visit - plus going on an antibiotic - which has its whole set...