Living with Kidney Disease
Can I Live a Normal Life with Kidney Disease?, continued
Six Steps You Can Take to Live a Richer Life
1. Empower yourself by being proactive about your health. Learn all you can about kidney disease and its treatment.
2. Follow a kidney-friendly diet. Be mindful of the fluids you're consuming if you are on a fluid restriction.
3. Find an activity or exercise program that works for you, so you can improve your stamina and boost your energy level.
4. Take your medications on schedule and according to directions. Note any side effects and alert your health care provider.
5. Don't forget to do the things you love to do. Visit with friends, go out to dinner and take regular vacations.
Stay positive. A good attitude is vital for a good life.
Reprinted with permission by DaVita, Inc. Learn more about kidney disease at DaVita.com.
Cod with Peppercorns and Leeks Easy Mexicali Pork Chops Mashed Sweet Potato Romesco Sauce Tangy Cherry Coleslaw Juicy Orange Chicken Vegetables en Papillote Glazed Banana Pattypan Squash Stuffed with Split Peas Gingered Peach Sauce
I was up way too late last night. Stressing myself out – or moreover letting a situation get the better of me. I had had a great work out, I’d run and did a leg and ab circuit that left me feeling great. Then I got home to my quiet house, where the events of the past day started noisily playing dodgeball in my brain. With running combined with weight training, I typically drop directly after the work out and then about six hours later, I have to test again to be sure whatever protein I...