Living with Kidney Disease
Can I Live a Normal Life with Kidney Disease?, continued
Six Steps You Can Take to Live a Richer Life
1. Empower yourself by being proactive about your health. Learn all you can about kidney disease and its treatment.
2. Follow a kidney-friendly diet. Be mindful of the fluids you're consuming if you are on a fluid restriction.
3. Find an activity or exercise program that works for you, so you can improve your stamina and boost your energy level.
4. Take your medications on schedule and according to directions. Note any side effects and alert your health care provider.
5. Don't forget to do the things you love to do. Visit with friends, go out to dinner and take regular vacations.
Stay positive. A good attitude is vital for a good life.
Reprinted with permission by DaVita, Inc. Learn more about kidney disease at DaVita.com.
Baked Fruit Compote Gulfport Okra Pickled Beet Salad Hot Spiced Apple Cider Carrot Pudding Pears Cooked in Wine Jerk Chicken Kabobs Stovetop Cranberry Dressing or Pilaf Vegetarian Chorizo Seared Greens
We're into the holiday entertaining season. For many of us, this means eating at other people's homes, out to restaurants (replete with "all you can eat" buffets), and office parties. Tight budgets, end-of-year sales rushes, and unrealistic productivity expectations have turned the office catered restaurant holiday into an "everybody bring something" potluck (or "covered dish dinner", if you're from the southeastern United States). The potluck/covered dish...