Living with Kidney Disease
Can I Live a Normal Life with Kidney Disease?, continued
Six Steps You Can Take to Live a Richer Life
1. Empower yourself by being proactive about your health. Learn all you can about kidney disease and its treatment.
2. Follow a kidney-friendly diet. Be mindful of the fluids you're consuming if you are on a fluid restriction.
3. Find an activity or exercise program that works for you, so you can improve your stamina and boost your energy level.
4. Take your medications on schedule and according to directions. Note any side effects and alert your health care provider.
5. Don't forget to do the things you love to do. Visit with friends, go out to dinner and take regular vacations.
Stay positive. A good attitude is vital for a good life.
Reprinted with permission by DaVita, Inc. Learn more about kidney disease at DaVita.com.
Sweet Roasted Red Pepper Sauce Health Nut Sandwich Hot Thai Stir-Fry Herbed Veggie Burgers BBQ Chicken and Macaroni Parmesan-Pepper Ranch Dressing Quick Taco Soup Mediterranean Vegetable Stew Pita Pizzas Almond Stuffed Baked Apples with Caramel Sauce
While Charlie begins day 1 of hockey camp today, a group of brave campers near Boston are beginning a two-week "bionic pancreas" trial. I watched the video from last year's camp and lost it when Ed Damiano, the developer of the project, told eight girls that they were about to go bionic and that they would be completely controlled by the device for the next five days. Tears streamed down my cheeks. "Is everybody ready?" Damiano asked? ...