Living with Kidney Disease
Can I Live a Normal Life with Kidney Disease?, continued
Six Steps You Can Take to Live a Richer Life
1. Empower yourself by being proactive about your health. Learn all you can about kidney disease and its treatment.
2. Follow a kidney-friendly diet. Be mindful of the fluids you're consuming if you are on a fluid restriction.
3. Find an activity or exercise program that works for you, so you can improve your stamina and boost your energy level.
4. Take your medications on schedule and according to directions. Note any side effects and alert your health care provider.
5. Don't forget to do the things you love to do. Visit with friends, go out to dinner and take regular vacations.
Stay positive. A good attitude is vital for a good life.
Reprinted with permission by DaVita, Inc. Learn more about kidney disease at DaVita.com.
Almond and Sesame Seed Cabbage Salad Chocolate Raisin Cookies Grilled Brisket Marinated Steak Grilled Shrimp NoOodle (Gluten Free) Chicken Paillard Creamed Strawberry and Banana Tart Barbecue Brisket Slow-Cooked Beef Barley Pilaf with Smoked Ham Hock
So. It's been a little over a month now since prediabetes moved into my house. I had to take some time to process everything mentally and add a few more to-do's to my list: 1 - get a 3-hour glucose test for each kid (Check) 2 - schedule follow-ups with the nurse practitioner (Check) 3 - schedule a meeting with the head of the pediatric group to discuss (On hold) 4 - possibly find a new endo (Remains to be seen) Clearly there remains a fair amount of adjustment to be...