Living with Kidney Disease
Can I Live a Normal Life with Kidney Disease?, continued
Six Steps You Can Take to Live a Richer Life
1. Empower yourself by being proactive about your health. Learn all you can about kidney disease and its treatment.
2. Follow a kidney-friendly diet. Be mindful of the fluids you're consuming if you are on a fluid restriction.
3. Find an activity or exercise program that works for you, so you can improve your stamina and boost your energy level.
4. Take your medications on schedule and according to directions. Note any side effects and alert your health care provider.
5. Don't forget to do the things you love to do. Visit with friends, go out to dinner and take regular vacations.
Stay positive. A good attitude is vital for a good life.
Reprinted with permission by DaVita, Inc. Learn more about kidney disease at DaVita.com.
Artichoke Pie Roasted Pepperonata Pattypan Squash Stuffed with Split Peas Stir Fried Ginger Lettuce Vegetable Tamale Pie Cranberry Flax Muffins Quesadilla con Huevos Baked Beans Caribbean Chicken Prosciutto, Mango, and Parmesan Salad
Among the things I'd never thought I'd hear when I began my fitness journey ten years ago... "Wow! The work you do really shows. Your arms look great. That's my goal..." From a young woman at the gym whose body I would KILL to have. Petite, small boned, slim arms and legs. You see how that just happened? I gave myself a compliment and then took it back. That's often what I do. I hear the words other people say, but my tendency (as is the tendency of so many people) is...