Living with Kidney Disease
Can I Live a Normal Life with Kidney Disease?, continued
Six Steps You Can Take to Live a Richer Life
1. Empower yourself by being proactive about your health. Learn all you can about kidney disease and its treatment.
2. Follow a kidney-friendly diet. Be mindful of the fluids you're consuming if you are on a fluid restriction.
3. Find an activity or exercise program that works for you, so you can improve your stamina and boost your energy level.
4. Take your medications on schedule and according to directions. Note any side effects and alert your health care provider.
5. Don't forget to do the things you love to do. Visit with friends, go out to dinner and take regular vacations.
Stay positive. A good attitude is vital for a good life.
Reprinted with permission by DaVita, Inc. Learn more about kidney disease at DaVita.com.
Family Favorite Chicken Soup Hawaiian Pineapple Beef Balsamic Roasted Asparagus and Red Pepper Rosemary Roast Turkey Squash Ribbons with Garlic Lemon Sauce Red and Green Pilaf Curried Eggplant, Squash and Chick-Pea Stew Linguine with White Clam Sauce Pepper Jack Cheese and Spinach Quesadillas Tomato Rice Soup
About two weeks ago, our international STAR TREK organization received an inquiry from one of its chapter leaders about the availability of a "mental health counselor". From his initial complaint, it sounds as if a number of our organization-level leaders don't have the necessary "people skills" to address members who may, or may not, have come "out of the closet" about ongoing mental health issues, that some of those members would benefit from...