Living with Kidney Disease
Can I Live a Normal Life with Kidney Disease?, continued
Six Steps You Can Take to Live a Richer Life
1. Empower yourself by being proactive about your health. Learn all you can about kidney disease and its treatment.
2. Follow a kidney-friendly diet. Be mindful of the fluids you're consuming if you are on a fluid restriction.
3. Find an activity or exercise program that works for you, so you can improve your stamina and boost your energy level.
4. Take your medications on schedule and according to directions. Note any side effects and alert your health care provider.
5. Don't forget to do the things you love to do. Visit with friends, go out to dinner and take regular vacations.
Stay positive. A good attitude is vital for a good life.
Reprinted with permission by DaVita, Inc. Learn more about kidney disease at DaVita.com.
Chili-Roasted Cod Lime and Cinnamon Fruit Green Tomato Fritatta Melted Blue Cheese and Pear Sandwich Roasted Corn Soup Prosciutto Wrapped Olives Orange Gingerbread Spring Peas with Mushrooms Glazed Pork Tenderloin Indian Eggplant
Yesterday I had an appointment with the new endocrinologist that I'm trying now that I've moved and "settled" in a place. Dr. M was not exactly what I expected, although I am still uncertain what I really thought she would be. The appointment was neither bad nor good and I am feeling very undecided as to how I plan to proceed. I received Dr. M's name from a friend/CDE/fellow type 1 in the community who actually has a practice with her husband. Their practice is concierge only and...