Living with Kidney Disease
Can I Live a Normal Life with Kidney Disease?, continued
Six Steps You Can Take to Live a Richer Life
1. Empower yourself by being proactive about your health. Learn all you can about kidney disease and its treatment.
2. Follow a kidney-friendly diet. Be mindful of the fluids you're consuming if you are on a fluid restriction.
3. Find an activity or exercise program that works for you, so you can improve your stamina and boost your energy level.
4. Take your medications on schedule and according to directions. Note any side effects and alert your health care provider.
5. Don't forget to do the things you love to do. Visit with friends, go out to dinner and take regular vacations.
Stay positive. A good attitude is vital for a good life.
Reprinted with permission by DaVita, Inc. Learn more about kidney disease at DaVita.com.
Cinnamon Drops Double-Decker Fruit Salad Turkey/Vegetable Meatballs Apricot Souffles Mixed-Fruit Salad Full of Beans Hot Dish Tuna Noodle Casserole Creole Skillet Stew Gingersnap and Graham Cracker Crust Mixed Mediterranean Vegetables and Couscous
Yesterday was pretty horrible. Today is better. So far … Yesterday morning’s Dexcom graph was Mount Kilimanjaro. Today we have a dorsal fin, jutting out of the water at about 200 before descending into a connect-the-dots shark. He appears to be 63 at lunchtime versus three-hundred-something yesterday. Not perfect, but it never is. Charlie’s teacher and the nurse mentioned that he didn’t look like himself yesterday. He had taken too many body blows from diabetes...