Living with Kidney Disease
Can I Live a Normal Life with Kidney Disease?, continued
Six Steps You Can Take to Live a Richer Life
1. Empower yourself by being proactive about your health. Learn all you can about kidney disease and its treatment.
2. Follow a kidney-friendly diet. Be mindful of the fluids you're consuming if you are on a fluid restriction.
3. Find an activity or exercise program that works for you, so you can improve your stamina and boost your energy level.
4. Take your medications on schedule and according to directions. Note any side effects and alert your health care provider.
5. Don't forget to do the things you love to do. Visit with friends, go out to dinner and take regular vacations.
Stay positive. A good attitude is vital for a good life.
Reprinted with permission by DaVita, Inc. Learn more about kidney disease at DaVita.com.
Sweet Potato Crepes Italian Broccoli Rice Skillet Open Face Roast Beef & Crunchy Vegetables Mandarin Peach Sauce Roasted Red Pepper Coulis Ginger Mustard Pork Chops Seafood Lettuce Wraps New Year's Cheese Ball French Toast with Peach Syrup
If you listen closely, you may hear the sound of 25 million Americans with diabetes rejoicing today. In a revolutionary movement, the FDA has given 510(k) approval on Abbott's HbA1C test which is expected to help millions of Americans with Type 1 or 2 diabetes or those at risk. Abbott's ARCHITECT Clinical Chemistry Hemoglobin A1C (HbA1C) test is a dramatic shift in diabetes diagnosis and monitoring. Instead of the HbA1C tests performed at a laboratory and constituted as blood work, the...