Living with Kidney Disease
Can I Live a Normal Life with Kidney Disease?, continued
Six Steps You Can Take to Live a Richer Life
1. Empower yourself by being proactive about your health. Learn all you can about kidney disease and its treatment.
2. Follow a kidney-friendly diet. Be mindful of the fluids you're consuming if you are on a fluid restriction.
3. Find an activity or exercise program that works for you, so you can improve your stamina and boost your energy level.
4. Take your medications on schedule and according to directions. Note any side effects and alert your health care provider.
5. Don't forget to do the things you love to do. Visit with friends, go out to dinner and take regular vacations.
Stay positive. A good attitude is vital for a good life.
Reprinted with permission by DaVita, Inc. Learn more about kidney disease at DaVita.com.
Corn and Black Bean Vinaigrette Potato Crusted Turkey and Vegetable Loaf Herbed Pork & Vegetable Stew Wedding Cookies Roasted Vegetables with Feta Cheese Red Beans and Rice Roasted Eggplant Dip Lemon Spiced Garlic Greens Lisa's Famous Dessert Simple Spring Salad with Lemon Dressing
A year ago, we got the Dexcom and it changed our lives. There was so much hype about the Dexcom and so many trusted members of the diabetes community singing its praises that it could no longer be ignored. During the past year it became a transformative tool in our diabetes toolbox. Me and Dexcom became old pals; going everywhere together. A friend recently commented on some Instagram photos I posted; aptly calling the Dexcom my Flat...