Living with Kidney Disease
Can I Live a Normal Life with Kidney Disease?, continued
Six Steps You Can Take to Live a Richer Life
1. Empower yourself by being proactive about your health. Learn all you can about kidney disease and its treatment.
2. Follow a kidney-friendly diet. Be mindful of the fluids you're consuming if you are on a fluid restriction.
3. Find an activity or exercise program that works for you, so you can improve your stamina and boost your energy level.
4. Take your medications on schedule and according to directions. Note any side effects and alert your health care provider.
5. Don't forget to do the things you love to do. Visit with friends, go out to dinner and take regular vacations.
Stay positive. A good attitude is vital for a good life.
Reprinted with permission by DaVita, Inc. Learn more about kidney disease at DaVita.com.
Wojapi Steamed Brown Bread with Currants and Walnuts Applesauce-Raisin Treats Chinese Celery Shrimp, White Bean, and Pasta Soup Mini Drumsticks Sun Tea Southern Chicken Breasts New-Old-Fashioned Meat Loaf Waldorf Salad Pizza
When I first heard the news of Usher’s son’s diagnosis of type 1 diabetes, I thought, “how sad to have yet another young member of our T1 community.” My second thought, though, was, “How can Usher help me?” Like Princess Leia’s hologram to Obi-Wan Kenobi, I’m feeling compelled to get a message to Usher to let him know just how dire the situation is. I regret that I am unable to present my request to you in person but my...