Living with Kidney Disease
Can I Live a Normal Life with Kidney Disease?, continued
Six Steps You Can Take to Live a Richer Life
1. Empower yourself by being proactive about your health. Learn all you can about kidney disease and its treatment.
2. Follow a kidney-friendly diet. Be mindful of the fluids you're consuming if you are on a fluid restriction.
3. Find an activity or exercise program that works for you, so you can improve your stamina and boost your energy level.
4. Take your medications on schedule and according to directions. Note any side effects and alert your health care provider.
5. Don't forget to do the things you love to do. Visit with friends, go out to dinner and take regular vacations.
Stay positive. A good attitude is vital for a good life.
Reprinted with permission by DaVita, Inc. Learn more about kidney disease at DaVita.com.
Three-Grain Flapjacks Bubbly Cranberry Cocktail Classic German Potato Salad Almond Spread Carrot and Parsnip Soup with Curry Raisin Scones Easy Potatoes Au Gratin with Potato Chips Breadcrumb Stuffed Broiled Tomatoes Pork, Orange, and Asparagus Stir Fry Pork and Tomatillo Calzones
“Why aren’t you freaking out?” Susanne asked me, as she stuffed the seventy-ninth juice box into Charlie’s drawstring bag to add to the 1000-count container of grape glucose tabs. The weight of the bag dropped him to the floor like an anchor and he scrambled around on his back like a crab. “Aren’t you nervous???” “Yeah, I’m nervous,” I said, although it didn’t sound as if I was. I fiddled with my phone, making swift visits to Instagram...