Living with Kidney Disease
Can I Live a Normal Life with Kidney Disease?, continued
Six Steps You Can Take to Live a Richer Life
1. Empower yourself by being proactive about your health. Learn all you can about kidney disease and its treatment.
2. Follow a kidney-friendly diet. Be mindful of the fluids you're consuming if you are on a fluid restriction.
3. Find an activity or exercise program that works for you, so you can improve your stamina and boost your energy level.
4. Take your medications on schedule and according to directions. Note any side effects and alert your health care provider.
5. Don't forget to do the things you love to do. Visit with friends, go out to dinner and take regular vacations.
Stay positive. A good attitude is vital for a good life.
Reprinted with permission by DaVita, Inc. Learn more about kidney disease at DaVita.com.
Cod Fillets with Sweet Onion and Corn Relish Romaine Salad with Cashews Broccoli with Green and Yellow Wax Beans Plum Freezer Pops Basmati and Green Pea Rice Romaine Salad with Sun Dried Tomato Vinaigrette Clam and Spinach Linguini Baked Cranberry and Pecan Apples Mushroom and Shallot Sauce Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash
Most of us Blogabetes bloggers have "day jobs" that scan the socioeconomic gamut of Working America. (Well, maybe not quite: the medical and sometimes job-performance expenses of a chronic medical condition such as diabetes, can create a PlexiglasTM isolation barrier to separate us from both the Perfectly Healthy and the highest-paying segments of the workforce — but that's a "Red Herring?" discussion for another time, another channel.)...