Living with Kidney Disease
Can I Live a Normal Life with Kidney Disease?, continued
Six Steps You Can Take to Live a Richer Life
1. Empower yourself by being proactive about your health. Learn all you can about kidney disease and its treatment.
2. Follow a kidney-friendly diet. Be mindful of the fluids you're consuming if you are on a fluid restriction.
3. Find an activity or exercise program that works for you, so you can improve your stamina and boost your energy level.
4. Take your medications on schedule and according to directions. Note any side effects and alert your health care provider.
5. Don't forget to do the things you love to do. Visit with friends, go out to dinner and take regular vacations.
Stay positive. A good attitude is vital for a good life.
Reprinted with permission by DaVita, Inc. Learn more about kidney disease at DaVita.com.
Tomato Olive Salad Kentucky Pork Chops Corn and Scallop Chowder Pork Tenderloins with Pineapples Tuscan Bean & Vegetable Soup Chicken Cacciatore Dish Contemporary Colcannon Cheddar n' Ham Muffins Grilled Orange Roughy with Nectarine Salsa Easy Russian Borscht
A member of the Digital Diabetes Group on LinkedIn posted a link to an article suggesting that one (currently) off-label use of a specific calcium channel blocker (blood pressure lowering) drug might be to prevent or cure type 1 diabetes. Of course, right now the only study has been in