Living with Kidney Disease
Can I Live a Normal Life with Kidney Disease?, continued
Six Steps You Can Take to Live a Richer Life
1. Empower yourself by being proactive about your health. Learn all you can about kidney disease and its treatment.
2. Follow a kidney-friendly diet. Be mindful of the fluids you're consuming if you are on a fluid restriction.
3. Find an activity or exercise program that works for you, so you can improve your stamina and boost your energy level.
4. Take your medications on schedule and according to directions. Note any side effects and alert your health care provider.
5. Don't forget to do the things you love to do. Visit with friends, go out to dinner and take regular vacations.
Stay positive. A good attitude is vital for a good life.
Reprinted with permission by DaVita, Inc. Learn more about kidney disease at DaVita.com.
Mixed Vegetable Casserole Vegetable and Wild Rice Salad Feta-Spinach Dip Stuffed Trout Sugar-Free Chocolate Chip and Sour Cream Muffins Cauliflower Salad Moroccan-Spiced Pork with Couscous Steamed Trout with Tarragon/Chive Butter Pickled Cole Slaw Salmon Bisque
So I started the Advocare 24 day challenge this week through my boxing gym. Though I generally eat pretty well and don't have much - if any - weight to lose, I am focused on getting the most out of the muscle tone. The Advocare system seemed like a good way to start into the fall with an eye toward staving off too much winter gain. There is a lot out there about Advocare and how it's a scam. In equal measure, there are people who've seen great benefit from the program. My...