Living with Kidney Disease
Can I Live a Normal Life with Kidney Disease?, continued
Six Steps You Can Take to Live a Richer Life
1. Empower yourself by being proactive about your health. Learn all you can about kidney disease and its treatment.
2. Follow a kidney-friendly diet. Be mindful of the fluids you're consuming if you are on a fluid restriction.
3. Find an activity or exercise program that works for you, so you can improve your stamina and boost your energy level.
4. Take your medications on schedule and according to directions. Note any side effects and alert your health care provider.
5. Don't forget to do the things you love to do. Visit with friends, go out to dinner and take regular vacations.
Stay positive. A good attitude is vital for a good life.
Reprinted with permission by DaVita, Inc. Learn more about kidney disease at DaVita.com.
Green Beans with Almonds Herb Vinaigrette Jicama-Berry Salad Salmon Fillet with an Herb Shrimp Sauce Wild Rice Casserole Eggplant Parmesan NoOodle Cranberry Mold With Maple Syrup Open Face Roast Beef & Crunchy Vegetables Mojo Chicken Creamy Tahini Dressing
Recently, over at Dear Abby, the following letter and response were printed: Dear Abby: I like my job a lot, but I have recently been assigned a different desk. I now sit next to someone who regularly draws his blood with a lancet and gives himself a shot for his diabetes just a foot away from me. I am extremely uncomfortable around blood and needles. I don’t want to make waves because this person has been here a lot longer than I have, and apparently,...