Living with Kidney Disease
Can I Live a Normal Life with Kidney Disease?, continued
Six Steps You Can Take to Live a Richer Life
1. Empower yourself by being proactive about your health. Learn all you can about kidney disease and its treatment.
2. Follow a kidney-friendly diet. Be mindful of the fluids you're consuming if you are on a fluid restriction.
3. Find an activity or exercise program that works for you, so you can improve your stamina and boost your energy level.
4. Take your medications on schedule and according to directions. Note any side effects and alert your health care provider.
5. Don't forget to do the things you love to do. Visit with friends, go out to dinner and take regular vacations.
Stay positive. A good attitude is vital for a good life.
Reprinted with permission by DaVita, Inc. Learn more about kidney disease at DaVita.com.
Caramelized Onion and Brie Stuffed Chicken Cream of Cauliflower Soup with Cheese Brown Sugar Banana Bread Asparagus and Tomato Frittata New Potatoes with Chives Spicy Marinated Mushrooms Drunken Pineapple Slices Ginger Curry Fish Stir Fry Cajun Pork Chops with Jasmine Rice Cannellini Salad With Chicken