Family & Diabetes
Highlights: dLife visits a Native American family that has been hit hard with diabetes; Chef Michel Nischan shows us how to make a delicious, whole chicken in the slow cooker. dLife investigates how some children have paid the ultimate price for their parents' religious views.
dLifeTV.com Web Extras
- Get the facts about diabetes in the Native American community.
- Learn more about type 2 diabetes.
- Learn more about Children's Healthcare is a Legal Duty, Inc.
- Stop by the dLife Community to meet others and share about your diabetes life.
- Get expert answers to your diabetes questions.
- Talk about this dLifeTV episode in the dLife Community Forum.
Cinnamon-Rubbed Pork Loin with Roasted Apples and Onions Roasted Red Pepper and Apricot Sauce Asian Chicken Salad with Wonton Crisps Creamy Low-Fat Pasta With Pimientos Zucchini Souffle Skillet-Roasted Potato Salad Chicken and Vegetables with Herb Flavoring Eggplant Pizza Gondolas Scrambled Eggs in Crisp Potato Skins Mushroom Stuffed Sole
As I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the benefits that made it cost-effective for me to go with the real healthcare (HSA) plan rather than the phony (HRA) plan is that my company is now covering "preventative" medicines at $0 copay. The formulary for these, as stated by CVS/Caremark (my pharmacy benefits provider), covers all test strips, lancets, and control solutions. I dutifully get my doctor to write up prescriptions for all of my testing needs, submit...